Pretty miffed...

Options
...at the amount of calories and fat there are in "healthy, natural" snacks.

Just bought a load on my lunch break and didn't read the nutritional information until I was back at my desk. I'm shocked!

And gutted.

Is there nothing perfect?!

Just saying.

Replies

• CeejayGee
    CeejayGee Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    ...at the amount of calories and fat there are in "healthy, natural" snacks.

Just bought a load on my lunch break and didn't read the nutritional information until I was back at my desk. I'm shocked!

And gutted.

Is there nothing perfect?!

Just saying.

Well, the word "natural" doesn't mean much legally. Nor does "healthy" really.

But, things that ARE healthy don't necessarily mean low-calorie or low-fat. But, they're way better for you than some processed 100-calorie snack pack.
  • brianblinn
    brianblinn Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I feel for ya, girl. I am amazed at the "crap" that is in food.
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    Options
    If the snacks are in fact healthy and natural than the calories and fat should be the good kind, and you shouldn't worry about it.

Hang in there.
  • MissyFit08
    MissyFit08 Posts: 274 Member
    Options
    grrr...i hate when that happens! The "healthy" snacks will be where the food is....whereas the really healthy bars/drinks are in the pharmacy section usually...always check the label!! It'll be okay. Become a favorite in your office and give it away! haha...j/k. you can still have it..in moderation of course!
  • clayeth54
    Options
    Keep in mind extremely active people that are hiking or biking every day, aren't overweight, and NEED those carbs for energy are also shopping at that store. Just because it's not what you needed, doesn't mean it's a bad product.
  • andrewharman
    andrewharman Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    So called "Healthy Snacks" aren't always that healthy, my advice would be to eat fresh fruit and vegetables when you fancy a snack. But whatever you do don't cut out the treats altogether just have them in moderation. Remember it's not a diet it's a lifestyle change.

And there ends todays sermon.

Good Luck
  • ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    Learning the words that will get you. "No Sugar Added", doesn't mean it doesn't have sugar.
    "Low Fat", does not mean low calorie, and usually means higher carbs.
    "Lite", could just be they made the serving size smaller!
  • SlimSadieG
    SlimSadieG Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Keep in mind extremely active people that are hiking or biking every day, aren't overweight, and NEED those carbs for energy are also shopping at that store. Just because it's not what you needed, doesn't mean it's a bad product.

I workout at least 6 times a week. I am neither inactive nor overweight.

I am just stating that some products can be very misleading.
  • clayeth54
    Options
    And I'm just saying those products may still be healthy, organic, and beneficial to someone else ;)