Late night eating

Options
I just had a question and needed some help! I get off work at 6pm and I’m in the gym by 6:30 pm. I usually get out of the gym by 7:30 or 8 and then go home and cook supper. Is it bad that I’m eating so late at night? I’m usually in bed by 10:30. So I come home from the gym. Shower eat and go to bed. Is this bad or unhealthy? I honestly don’t know how else to do it just because I work so late. Any advice?

Replies

• Meelisv
    Meelisv Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Nope.
    What time you eat doesn't matter at all, as long as your total calorie consumption we day is within your goal limits.
  • polkadotsandpoptarts
    polkadotsandpoptarts Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I've worked shift work (as a nurse) for about 13 years. Even when i've lost 3 stone before, i would eat at random times of the day and night - the joys of nightshifts..... I found that as long as i stayed within my calorie count then I would still lose weight.
    Good luck!
  • projectsix
    projectsix Posts: 5,088 Member
    Options
    Nope. I've lost 100+ lbs and ate any time I wanted and have always over the years. It's overall caloric intake that matters as stated.
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I agree with the previous replies - calories are more important by far. I am in the same boat though and do find myself making a fruit salad with low fat yoghurt instead of a whole meal because it feels too late in the day for a heavy meal at that time.