HELPPPPPPP CALORIE INTAKE

Options
can someone please help me, how do i figure out my calorie intake per day Im playing around with my dietary setting and putting in a new weight and it just says my calorie intake per day is 1200 im not sure if this is correct

Replies

• deannalfisher
    deannalfisher Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options
    what did you set your goal rate of loss as? what is your goal weight, compared to current weight?
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    What are your stats? 1200 is fairly low and most can lose by eating more.
  • hernandezjasseline
    hernandezjasseline Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »
    What are your stats? 1200 is fairly low and most can lose by eating more.

Age 22
    Weight : 180
    Loose 1.5 a week
    Height : 5’2
    Female
    Lightly active
    Workouts 3x a week
  • hernandezjasseline
    hernandezjasseline Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    what did you set your goal rate of loss as? what is your goal weight, compared to current weight?

1.5 pounds per week
    Goal :140 or 145
    Current 180
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

1.5 pounds per week
    Goal :140 or 145
    Current 180

If you struggle on 1200 then change your deficit to 1lb so you can eat more. That way it'll be more sustainable
  • Dame_sans_merci
    Dame_sans_merci Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I started with an aim of 2lb loss per week which on my stats was 1300. I found I didn’t get to eat as much fruit as I would like as it was depriving me of proper meals so shifted it to 1lb loss per week. This gives me 1750 cals per day on sedentary lifestyle (5ft 7”). I sometimes struggle to use them all, but it comes in handy when fancying a treat. Maybe try reducing your weekly loss to something lower and see how it fits in with your meals. I think 1200 is the lowest MFP will go.
  • andreaen
    andreaen Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    I would try starting with at least 1500 and see what happens. After a while the metabolism will adapt, and you want to have as many calories as possible for when you have to decrease it even more
  • Rachel6xxx
    Rachel6xxx Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    1200 calories a day is way too low. I learnt the hard way. I would try 1500
  • Lizardybits
    Lizardybits Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    definitely agree with others: drop your per-week goal to 1lb/week. Or better, just log all your food intake for a bit to see where you are currently, then set your calorie goal to be a number lower than "maintenance" but less scary than 1200.