HELP! Mom of Twins Needing to Lose Over 100#

Options
nypa96
nypa96 Posts: 30 Member
Hi there! I'm in need of some support, advice, encouragement and tips. I'm 39 years old and my twins are 18 months old. I'm currently 281 pounds and need to lose 130 pounds.

Now is the time to get healthy for my kids. I have been overweight since I was a kid, but now I have little ones that are counting on me. Would love some friends who can help me on this journey. Thank you!

Replies

• nmf0787
    nmf0787 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have about 100+ pounds to lose and would love to help keep you motivated, as I need motivation as well. We can do this!
  • TrueHealth8
    TrueHealth8 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Such an exciting journey! You can so do this! Step by step and you will be there.
  • WalkingDown100
    WalkingDown100 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can do this! Would love to follow your journey as I myself need to loose 100pds. I'm 35 5'8 291pds update on your progress! Keep moving Friend!
  • kboggs777
    kboggs777 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Ok ladies I'm in as well. I am 39 years old...5'4" and I need to lose 60 more pounds to reach my target weight. I am unmotivated and without encouragement. I would appreciate some advice and motivation and I will gladly return the gesture...
  • melanieandjason
    melanieandjason Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I have a 7 year old and a 2 year old. I started out last week at 300lbs. That was when I realized, I needed a serious change. I was using my kids as an excuse!! So here I am, trying my best to count calories and become more active!
  • RunescapeChic
    RunescapeChic Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me, single mama of 4 beauts - 12yr old son, 11 yr old twin boys and a 3yr old princess <3
  • sbkelley75
    sbkelley75 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Well hey there. Mom of twins here too. 11 yo boy girl and a 6yo son. About 100 to lose. Aggg. Just got back on here after years so learning how to use it again.
  • nypa96
    nypa96 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    So I have to admit I posted this originally and then didn't do anything. I taled myself out of starting. A family get together on Sunday changed that. My grandmother is 94 and 2 of her siblings lived to about 100. If I am going to live a long time then I need a healthy body. So today I started! Yah!!!

I am tracking my food already and I don't plan on looking back. I have a new future and it looks promising.
  • IceGenesis
    IceGenesis Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hello Nypa96! I'm 31 and have about 100lbs to lose too, I don't really have any advice but could definitely use some friends I don't have any kids but I have a puppy, does that count? :smile:
  • katieclem31
    katieclem31 Posts: 1 Member
    edited May 2018
    Options
    I have 14 month old twins, you got this mama :) I love working out and motivating folks, feel free to add me!
  • dembkogirl
    dembkogirl Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    You can do this! I don't have twins, but have 2 kiddos and have only gained weight after each pregnancy, bringing me to a top weight of 278 in November. Since then I have lost 55 lbs, but had 2 setbacks at 10 & 14 lbs (a cruise and a general bad month) where I gained back a little due to my crazy eating. Now I'm sitting at 49lbs lost, and determined to not have such big setbacks.
  • bikecheryl
    bikecheryl Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Mom of twins here!

Okay.... they are 32 now..... but at least you know I survived!

April 2017 I was 288 lbs...... I'm now 179.5 working towards 160 lbs.

It can be done and the positives are too many to count.

Feel free to add me to your friend list...... I post daily. :)