Steak
    Mayonnaise

Things I eat only on special occasions or cravings otherwise I can pass:
    Burgers
    Fries
    Soda
    Cake
    Rice, potatoes, pasta

Good gracious that was supposed to be RARELY EAT!

Dang autocorrect!
  • lois1231
    lois1231 Posts: 331 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    nothing really. I never was big on going out to eat anyway at fast food joints or restaurants only on rare occasions. Milk chocolate is kind of sweet to me now even though I still like it on sometimes but I prefer dark. There are many foods I don't enjoy much anymore but that happened years ago such as steak, cheeseburgers, anything doughy.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Donuts are definitely one of these foods. I haven't exactly lost the taste for them, I never really liked them that much to start with. It's just that I became frugal with my calories so I can no longer tolerate the foods that were "meh, not the best thing in the world, but I'll eat it anyway" anymore. I can't eat foods I'm not too crazy about as if I have higher standards for my food now. By higher standards, I don't mean I'm becoming a food snob (I still like and eat instant ramen and like cheap chips), I just have a lower tolerance for sub-par tasting things.

This is a blessing and a curse. Even though I don't eat donuts or soapy chocolate or randomly snack on random meh tasting foods, I also find myself unable to eat most protein bars because candy bars taste better for the same calories, and "diet" versions of some things are out of the question.
  • ashirley695
    ashirley695 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Seems a general consensus, many similar foods.
    Deep fried, other than McD fries (bad weakness here.) Love McD nuggets, was bad and got a 4 piece last week. Got to nugget 3 and was like...nah, I'm good. You can really taste the grease on the roof of your mouth now! Even other fried foods, like fish and chips has no appeal now. One bite off the Mister's is great, then I'm all set with it.
    Kraft Mac. We have been using non dairy milk here for years, but even so, makes me feel yuck now. Goodbye childhood staple!
    Unless it's dark chocolate, most candy is unappealing. Sometimes I'll want MandMs, but I can't eat peanuts right now :( I keep some real dark chocolate on hand for a sweet treat. Once in a great while I'll have a hard candy from the kid's box.
    Ice cream. This surprises me. Dairy is bad for me and currently eliminating coconut and nuts, so ice cream is already a rare "treat" as I know I'll pay for it. Last two times I've had any, just a single scoop!, I really wasn't impressed. Not even my favorite flavors did it for me, I would've preferred a naughty calorie kind of chocolate bar or potato chips!
    Losing interest in red meats. I still love them, but they've been demoted for sure. Not enough veggies in a steak dinner now compared to calories and many mashed potatoes haven't been up to my standards of late so typically I ask the waitress for "yea, that chicken there, but none of that marinade, and skip my starch I want double veggies."
    Chinese food. I KNOW I am allergic to carrot now, so I can't trust most oriental dishes. Alternatives are usually deep fried nonsense. I'm avoiding shellfish for a bit, so the rarely found stir fry I could have is now out. Mostly, knowing I can get hives from something like fried rice just makes me uninterested in any of it.
    All Dunkin Donuts. They revamped menu (meaning, got rid of everything decent in one form or another.) The only dairy alternative to coffee is almond milk (zomg, should I even start on that idiocy?) Sometimes donuts are tempting, but I will NOT waste my calories on one at this time, everything else is straight white carbs basically. I haven't been there in 6 weeks, used to go several times a week for at least coffee.
    Burger King. Won't touch it with a ten foot pole. KFC, won't even look at it, just the thought of the grease is nauseating. Suspected allergies steer me clear of Taco Bell.
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Options
    Donuts, cola,
  • QueenBee2018
    QueenBee2018 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Diet Coke
  • quiksylver296
    quiksylver296 Posts: 28,442 Member
    Options
    Coffee creamer (hazelnut) - went black on my coffee to save calories. Added some creamer one morning as a treat, and it tasted like chemicals.

I ordered my previously favorite pizza this weekend, and it wasn't nearly as good as I remember.

Potato chips are not as good as I remember and I'm done after just a few. That never used to happen.

McDonald's burgers are GROSS now. I can't do it. Their Southwest Salad is yummy, though.
  • MelanieCN77
    MelanieCN77 Posts: 4,047 Member
    Options
    I've lost my taste for the garbage versions of the good stuff, a treat these days is more carefully selected. I have no problem at all walking past the *kitten* supermarket donuts any more but if we're going by Krispy Kreme we're singing a different song.
  • brijackson2001
    brijackson2001 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Soda
    Gummi candy
    Hot dogs
  • TerranandKaylynsmommy
    TerranandKaylynsmommy Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    Pop. That's about it. Been over a year since having any.

Still like donuts, mac'n'cheese, lunchmeat, cake, chocolate.

Me too... I don't crave soda at all anymore
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    I second the sweetened coffee drinks mentioned above. Also any type of sweetener in tea/coffee, artificial or otherwise...and any creamer other than milk (dairy or almond milk are fine to me). I used to love all of the flavored creamers but now I hate the taste of them.

I still like most sweets, but also like someone mentioned above, I've lost a taste for most of the prepackaged stuff and would rather have "better" baked goods, my own or from a nicer bakery, when I do have them. No more Hostess or Little Debbie...tastes waxy and weird to me now.

I would mention chips - almost never eat them now - but I was never a big chip fan anyway.

Sadly, I have also lost my enjoyment for crappy sweets. I don't enjoy bread as much either.