1 Year To Lose 100lbs

Options
PaulMacfilm
PaulMacfilm Posts: 4 Member
edited March 2018 in Introduce Yourself
Hi everyone I'm Paul.
January 1 2018 I weighed 501.5lbs. I I decided enough was enough and I had to do something about it. Surgery isn't an option for me, by choice, so I had to do it for myself.

The first thing I did was cut out bread almost entirely. Instead of making a piece of bread and butter while I was looking in the cupboard or the fridge for something to eat I cut down to just 2 slices of toast per week, straight after being weighed on a Sunday morning.

I also started walking, a kilometre at first, then a mile, and built from there.
March 11 I took part in a 5K event at Delamere Forest in Cheshire, England. At that event my weight was 467lbs, 34.5lbs lighter than my starting weight back in January, also 34.5% of the way towards my years target.

While I wasn't able to run all of the 5K I was proud to have completed it, especially with seasoned 5k and 10k runners saying it was a difficult course.

I'm looking forward to continuing my weight loss on the way to being 100lbs lighter at some point this year.

I have plans to take part in more events and vlog from them as well.

Thanks for reading.

Paul
#1year100lbs

Replies

• solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your success so far! You are rocking it!
  • conniemaxwell5
    conniemaxwell5 Posts: 943 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Paul! I'm so impressed that you did a 5K less than 3 months after starting this journey. Regardless of whether you walked or ran, that is an amazing accomplishment! I have no doubt you will achieve your 100 lb goal this year. You are an inspiration!
  • berky06
    berky06 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    You can do it! I have about 50 to lose. I love this app. I'm down 18# since mid January. Sounds like you already are off to a great start! Keep it up and you will achieve your goals! I will send you a friend request. I'd be happy to cheer you on!

• ipmac22
    ipmac22 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    I just subscribed! You are inspirational and funny! Thanks for bringing a smile to my day. Keep up the great work.
  • brother_j
    brother_j Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Keep up the good work Paul! you got this brother
  • PaulMacfilm
    PaulMacfilm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. First post and ive already been warned by the mods because apparently its against the rules for me to post the link to my vlog. Oh well.
  • sevenlabors
    sevenlabors Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Keep at it, Paul. I'm a big guy, too, and know from experience that 100lbs in a year is totally doable if you stick to running a caloric surplus. If I can do it, so can you. (And now I've got to do it again.)