Putting my best foot forward

Options
I'm pretty reclusive, outside work and my family, I don't maintain many relationships with others and I have a bad habit of retreating inward whenever I have even the slightest upset in any facet of my life. I've been heavy set all my life. I want this to change so badly that I am finally writing my first community post, right now. It's a surreal feeling knowing any of you can read this and judge me without knowing me but at this point I'm 31 years old and I really don't have much to lose so, judge all you want! I refuse to get on a treadmill. I also refuse to give up eating delicious food. I want to watch my caloric intake, make sure I am burning more calories than I am putting in, and man I hope that works. Any words of wisdom other than, "you're doing it wrong?". I already had one coworker force feed me their opinion on NOT counting calories and simply giving up dressing and all the good things that make life worth living. Nope. Not doing that. I hope you are all seeing success and feeling wonderful. Thank you for reading this. Friend me at will. I am genuine af.

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    The general consinsus here on MFP is that you can lose weight fine without exercise (even though exercise is good for you), that you can eat any food you like in moderation (diets don't work), and generally taking things at face value. Welcome!
  • dllahsram
    dllahsram Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I'm on my feet all day and while definitely aim to get myself on my bike and exercise, focusing on busting my butt until I quit has never gotten me any semblance of success.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    If you do want to lose weight, something must change. Since you seem to have chosen that the only change you will make is in your food quantity, it is then necessary that you use a food scale and the myfitnesspal food diary to carefully and accurately log your caloric intake. If you successfully maintain a caloric deficit for some weeks, you will lose as much weight as you deserve to lose, based on the differential values of your NEAT and your intake.
  • violetcutie
    violetcutie Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    What works for some, doesn't work for others. We are all on our own journey! I sent you a friend request. I respect your genuine post & hope we can motivate each other :smiley: Have a beautiful day!
  • hlk545
    hlk545 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    You’ve got to try and lose weight in a way that works for you. Being miserable and cutting out every food you like, I believe sets you up for failure and quite often isn’t sustainable for a long enough period of time to see significant results. Good luck with your weight loss journey!