Chun-Li thighs without hitting the gym?

Options
Is it possible? I love weight training and I want muscle and mass but had to cancel my gym membership because money's too tight around here. Curious to see what exercises (besides the obvious squat) I can use...

Replies

• saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Googling Chun-Li was a wild ride.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    Ahhh I had to click this thread because my brother used to always tell me I had Chun-Li legs! (And I always took it as a compliment because hers are strong and awesome) hehe. But in reality my legs are more like Cammy's at the moment. :p

Do you have equipment at home you could use? You could start with bodyweight but obviously to gain serious mass you will eventually need to get some weights for most optimal results. Also at some point to build muscle you will want to run a few bulk cycles, at least.
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    Yes, it's possible. It will require a calorie surplus and proper training. There are all kinds of bodyweight exercises you can do, but at some point you'll probably have to get pretty creative in order to get enough resistance. Start with something like You Are Your Own Gym.
  • belovedfollowerws6
    belovedfollowerws6 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    lol!
    I have an old (OLD!) bench with a leg curl but no weights :( I've got to save up for the weights eventually but I wanted to start now and wondered if there was something other than squats I could do.
  • ccrdragon
    ccrdragon Posts: 3,370 Member
    Options
    For body weight exercises, squats, lunges (all forms) and wall sits are probably the best.
  • sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    Options
    You can check out this link, there are a list of bodyweight programs to start with:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10332083/which-lifting-program-is-the-best-for-you/p1

You can even add a water jug or something to add more resistance. Even bands.

In particular for lower body, squats.. Bulgarian Split Squats, wall squats (you can add a march too), single leg squats, skater squats, lunges (all variations), step-ups, back extensions, reverse hypers, glute bridges, hip thrusts, single leg deadlifts, clams, hip raises, calve raises etc.
  • Lean59man
    Lean59man Posts: 714 Member
    Options
    ccrdragon wrote: »
    For body weight exercises, squats, lunges (all forms) and wall sits are probably the best.

Good advices!