Gym workout routines

Options
Hey everyone! I’m new to the gym environment and hate to say it but I am completely lost in there lol!! Can some of you ladies or some guys that know their stuff please share with me a workout plan?!..I am 123 pounds so I don’t really need to lose a lot of weight. I just need to tone...everything!

Replies

• ashleybrown502
    ashleybrown502 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much! I will look into those! I just feel stupid when I’m there. I just keep telling myself “everyone’s gotta start somewhere...”
  • ashleybrown502
    ashleybrown502 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you! That’s so great that you’ve started this journey! I am just unfamiliar with the equipment and what muscle groups to workout at what times. I really don’t mind what weight I’m lifting as that will gain with time. I just need to gain knowledge I suppose.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    I assume you mean routines on machines or with weights? I take classes. Spin, three times a week, and interval classes twice a week - both full body workouts, and I take Barre too.
  • vmlabute
    vmlabute Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    So I do a combo when I go to the gym. As a former or still competing Olympic lifter, powerlifting is still very important to me. I incorporate 1 powerlifting component at the beginning of my workout whether it's Deadlifts, Squats or Overhead work. Then I move onto the more muscle group focused exercises (bodybuilding) - shoulders/traps, biceps/triceps, chest, legs, etc. Then I do cardio 2x/week for 45-60min to get the soreness out and to just sweat :)
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    My workout plan is tailored to be strengths and weaknesses. For instance, my back and shoulders develop better than anything. So I always train them on the same day, as they don't need quite the intensity of everything else. I am currently cutting fat, so I only lift 4 days a week, Monday - Friday with one off day. Off day varies depending on my schedule.

Legs
    Chest
    Back/Shoulders
    Arms

When I start bulking again, I will likely be hitting my chest really hard from the beginning because it is my worst feature. My current plan is a 5 day split:

Chest
    Legs
    Chest
    Back/Shoulders
    Chest/biceps/forearms

Of course that is several months away, so I will likely talk myself into something a little less chest heavy. Like

Quads/Calves
    Chest
    Back/Shoulders
    Hams/Glutes/Calves
    Chest/Biceps
  • mztamaraann
    mztamaraann Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Do yourself a favor and search Whitney Simmons on youtube. She does awesome videos that will inspire you. You can also try Fit Girl's Guide and BBG.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,619 Member
    Options
    I like group classes at the gym. You could get a trainer to show you around the weights and give you quick pointers on how everything works. Stronglifts 5x5 is a good full-body lifting routine suitable for beginners.