Carbs in the morning for weightloss

Options
Hi all can you shed some light on carbs in the morning eg over night oats with almond milk... iv read that breakkie should be carb free.. thanks

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Carbs have nothing to do with weight loss, unless you tend to overeat them to take you over your calories. Eat what you want that satisfies you.
  • LotusFlwr2013
    LotusFlwr2013 Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    Maybe what you read meant that you should be protein loading before workouts in the morning? At any rate I agree with everyone else. But if you want an interesting read http://www.burnthefatinnercircle.com/members/What-is-the-ideal-calorie-deficit.cfm
  • crita50
    crita50 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    It's all about how you feel. I don't eat carbs at breakfast. If I do I get very hungry within the hour. If you feel full after your meals and are able to make it to the next meal/snack without being ravenously hungry eat what you want. Overnight oats are a quality meal choice any time of day. If you're struggling with carbs in the morning just adjust your macros to what makes you feel good. I eat a higher protein/fat meal in the am and then more of the carbs at lunch and dinner. I feel full and much more in control of my food choices this way.
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    Focus on total calories within a 24 hr window!
    No never mind when you eat
  • Chunkahlunkah
    Chunkahlunkah Posts: 373 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    For most people, it might not matter. I personally find it infinitely easier to eat at a lower calorie level if I low-carb it for my first meal of the day. My appetite then stays much lower throughout day.

Experiment and find what works for you. It may have no impact on your hunger levels or it may feel like a hunger hack. ;) It's night and day for me. I realized this about myself about 10 years ago. If it works for you, you'll know!
  • endermako
    endermako Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    i lose at the exact same rate whether i have my overnight oats or my egg cups. it's the calorie amount not the macro nutrients.