Curious about the Scale

Options
I am just curious as to when you weigh yourself and how often? I've heard mixed things and was interested to see what others do. I tend to jump on the scale about half an hour after I wake up. I am now limiting myself to a Friday morning weigh in since I tend to "over use" the scale according to others. Just curious- Thanks to those who reply.:smile:

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    every day, first thing in the morning before i get a shower.

i know i probably should try and wean myself off doing that!!
  • UpEarly
    UpEarly Posts: 2,555 Member
    Options
    About once a month, first thing in the morning.
  • ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    I step on the scale daily. I know I shouldn't but I can't help it. First thing after I get up and use the bathroom.
  • vsyates
    vsyates Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    Every Monday when I get up and after I've gone to the bathroom :wink:
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    Every morning and evening! I do ti mostly for kicks! I know I am going to be fluctuating daily but I do it merely out of curiosity :)
  • kapeluza
    kapeluza Posts: 3,434 Member
    Options
    *ugh, sorry double post*
  • superhippiechik
    superhippiechik Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options
    I weigh after I use the bathroom every morning. I like the tape measure better though. It is much nicer!
  • abeachlady
    Options
    never
  • ostar8433
    Options
    I read in Shape Magazine, that people who weigh themselves daily, tend to lose more weight than those who don't. I weigh myself on a daily basis, whoever, I only record my weight once a week (because of the fluxuation throughout the week). :smile:
  • PalmettoparkGuy
    PalmettoparkGuy Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I weigh about every 3 days or so, in the morning before breakfast.
  • Happy0326
    Happy0326 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I get on every morning before I get in shower. It HELPS me stay focused & know what I got to do for the day.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    I'm an obsessive weigher. I'm comfortable with that. I definitely weigh every morning before I have a drink etc. I log weight once a week, on a Friday.
  • jms1996
    jms1996 Posts: 2
    Options
    I started this program two weeks ago and I weigh in every sunday and measurements every two weeks! Thats my opinion! Good luck and stay strong!
  • MaggiesmomAmy
    Options
    Once a week at most
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Every morning and some evenings too..I guess I 'overuse' the scale as well, but I like to watch how things "trend" according to my activities and food each day.
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Sunday morning or whenever i need a bit of a lift. Its not always down but i can remember what it used to say.
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Like other above I usually weigh myself daily. I know that I fluctuate daily but it allows me to see what is going on and what is working. However, I only record my weight once a week or every other week. I need to be better about the tape - that is my downfall and I know the scale may not move for a few days or a weeks but the tape can show inches lost. Definitely need to start being better with the tape!!
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    Every Wednesday morning is my weigh in. I will not weigh myself every single day!
  • Shalimarmandy
    Shalimarmandy Posts: 409 Member
    Options
    Everyday but I record once a week and only in the morning after a restroom break - though i know some people can't handle the fluctuations it really doesn't bother me but keeping track of it helps keep me on track. Each time I have seriously failed on losing weight the first thing I did was stop weighing myself so if it takes me hopping on the scale everyday for the rest of my life to lose weight and keep it off, I'm ok with that!! :wink:
  • casey12105
    casey12105 Posts: 293
    Options
    I step on the scale every morning, with the knowledge that my weight fluctuates 2lbs pretty much every other day.