Will my Fitbit work if I wear it in my bra?

Options
I’m a nurse and have to be bare below the elbow so can’t wear it on my wrists. It won’t fit around my cankles and I don’t want to keep it in my pocket at work cos I have lots of things like my handover sheet in my pocket and there would be cross contamination. Will it work in my bra though?

Replies

• Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Yup it will work! I wore my zip on my bra strap for years! My advice though is to get a clip so secure it to your bra so it doesn't fall out and get lost. They sell clips at target and amazon.
  • PoppyFlower1
    PoppyFlower1 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Awesome thanks I will look for one of those. I was thinking to just put it inside my bra but attaching it to the straps is a better idea :blush:
  • Maxxitt
    Maxxitt Posts: 1,281 Member
    Options
    I had the fitbit One which has a clasp and wore it on my bra. I think as long as it's secure it will be fine.
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Yes, it will. I currently wear mine on my bra and my step count is correct. In fact, it's better because it only picks up steps and not hand movements, and steps taken pushing a cart now count.

I use these clips and they fit like a glove:
    https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B078JFL3FP/ref=twister_B07438CNG3?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

ETA: these are designed for Alta. You may need to get creative if you have a model that doesn't unclip from the band.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Yup it will work! I wore my zip on my bra strap for years! My advice though is to get a clip so secure it to your bra so it doesn't fall out and get lost. They sell clips at target and amazon.

The difference is you have a Zip, and she doesn't (do they even still make the Zip?). Yours is made to clip on to a bra.
  • PoppyFlower1
    Options
    Thanks, yeah I must admit I sat waving my arms up and down earlier to watch my step count rise. But I’m only cheating my self! If it’s on my bra strap I’d have to jump up and down to cheat which is probably gonna burn more calories than waking! So a win win lol x
  • Fitnessgirl0913
    Fitnessgirl0913 Posts: 481 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    malibu927 wrote: »

The difference is you have a Zip, and she doesn't (do they even still make the Zip?). Yours is made to clip on to a bra.

True, but now I have an alta that I have seen clips made for and they specify bra straps as well.
  • PoppyFlower1
    Options
    Thankyou everyone that’s replied so helpful xxxx
  • memickee
    memickee Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I have a Charge 2. I take off the straps and put it in my bra no problems. If I put it in my pocket it over counts steps.
  • whitpauly
    whitpauly Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Yes, it will. I currently wear mine on my bra and my step count is correct. In fact, it's better because it only picks up steps and not hand movements, and steps taken pushing a cart now count.

https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B078JFL3FP/ref=twister_B07438CNG3?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

ETA: these are designed for Alta. You may need to get creative if you have a model that doesn't unclip from the band.

Thank you for posting this,I didn't even know they made these I'm gonna get one!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    whitpauly wrote: »

Thank you for posting this,I didn't even know they made these I'm gonna get one!

I highly recommend this particular one. It's the sturdiest clip I have ever used. Takes a bit of fiddling at first to put in or remove the tracker because it's sturdy, but it's worth it once you get the hang of it. I tried many before, all were magnetic. The magnets were too weak, the strap connecting to the magnet kept ripping, and loads of other problems. I'm glad I've found this one after many replacements. It has been a couple of months and it's still like new. It's like a soft silicone material that gets thicker at the ends to hold the tracker securely, with a hard silicone covered metal clip that doesn't bend easily.
  • Keto_Vampire
    Keto_Vampire Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    Actually works more accurately if you happen to be trying to type (precision work keeps the hand in a fairly stable position) with Fitbit hand and walk on a treadmill simultaneously. Noticed I was getting a ridiculously low step count when multitasking; simply put a Fitbit around the sleeve of a tank top - seems to be as accurate as walking on a treadmill not typing.