How to mimic mayo in egg salad?

Options
2»

Replies

• Tried30UserNames
    Tried30UserNames Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I make my own mayo with 1 whole egg plus one egg yolk, 1/2 to 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice, 1/2 tsp salt or to taste. Blend in a food processor. Drip in 1 cup neutral tasting oil through the drip hole in the food processor tube and blend until the proper consistency.

You can also blend in 1/2 cup of herbs of your choice to this for an herb mayo.

Or add garlic, onion and chili peppers for spicy mayo.
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    Last night I made a salad with grilled salmon, lettuce, grape tomatoes, hard boiled egg, and avocado. At the suggestion of this thread, I made a dressing out of blended cottage cheese. I added dill and a bit of vinegar to thin it out. It went really well with the egg and avocado, so I could see it working nicely in egg salad. You could use lemon juice or even water in place of the vinegar.
  • vmgoncalves21
    vmgoncalves21 Posts: 1 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    avocado, plain 0 fat greek yogurt, chopped cilantro, some pepper & sea salt (blended in food processor) OR the same using cottage cheese instead of greek yogurt. YUM! I also use the cottage cheese/avo to make chicken salad and it's delish.
  • RachelElser
    RachelElser Posts: 1,049 Member
    Options
    Can you have hummus? It's great in tuna instead of mayo.
  • Jennymarie57
    Jennymarie57 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Great ideas..I've been playing with trying cottage cheese..I eat healthy yogurt, bUT stay away from cheese and milk..wondering if cottage cheese is something that may be ok with me. I can at least try it..