The Diamond Challenge: Week 4 (Little Diamonds)

Options

Replies

• Mandyw58
    Mandyw58 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Since you have started using MFP...what are some new exercises or group fitness classes you have tried? Did you like them? Would you recommend them to your friends and fellow Little Diamonds?

I have tried Zumba (thanks to seeing it in the diaries of a lot of my LD friends) and loved it! I also tried Jillian Michael's 30DS which I enjoyed, but haven't gone back to as I prefer exercising outdoors or in groups. I would recommend both to anyone.
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    QOTD: What is your favorite movie or book if your the reading type? Do you prefer romance comedy , thriller, horror, insprirational ect...?

I love both movies and books. :smile: In terms of movies, I tend to prefer romantic comedies, but it usually depends on my mood. I really enjoyed Love Actually. As for books, my interests are all over the map. (English was one of my majors in college so I've read just about every classic :laugh: ). I'm currently loving Jennifer Weiner's books (such as Best Friends Forever and Fly Away Home). I've read all of the Southern Vampire Series (Sookie Stackhouse), and they are my guilty pleasure. :happy:

Since you have started using MFP...what are some new exercises or group fitness classes you have tried? Did you like them? Would you recommend them to your friends and fellow Little Diamonds?

I would recommend Zumba! It's a lot of fun and a great calorie burn. I don't have a gym membership anymore, but I got Zumba for the Wii and love it!! :smile:
  • ElleJay221
    ElleJay221 Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm not sure who is responsible for today's QOTD, but since we don't have one yet I will post one...hope no one minds :happy:

I have tried Jillian Michael's 30 day shred and really liked it. Right now, I am doing level 1 on Tues, Level 2 on Wed and Level 3 on Thurs....it works in well as it is only 25 mins which is about all the time I usually have on a weekend night. I also like Leslie Sansone's Walking DVD's. My newest one is the 10 minute solution DVD - the 5 day get fit mix - it has 5 10 minute workouts that you can do in any order - or as many as you want at once. I did it twice all the way through on the weekend and loved it!!!! Definately would recommend it...Another thing I have been trying is kickboxing.
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Okay, I'm not sure who is responsible for today's QOTD, but since we don't have one yet I will post one...hope no one minds :happy:

I really don't like exercising but I did take a body sculpting class in June. It was twice a week, 60 minutes a session. It used light weights and worked out legs, arms, abs, shoulders, etc. I really enjoyed it because I need structure to make me do things sometimes. The hour went by fast, and I did it with my mom so we got to catch up on the drive there and back. I had to give it up in July because of my work schedule and August because of other commitments, but I really do plan on going back (I have a credit because I purchased something and had to return it and they don't do refunds so I know I will sign up again rather than lose my money.)
  • yacekl
    yacekl Posts: 113 Member
    Options

I have done zumba and really like it. also kick boxing was really good. I get to do them when I go to the gym. When I'm home I do exercise tv they have abunch of variety cardio, dance ,butt bible, sculpt, walking and I've tried alot of them and reallylike them too.
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options

All the exercises and whatnots have been new, since I've never been one to exercise. So I've done a little kickboxing, zumba, 30ds, pilates, yoga, etc. I've tried a lot of stuff. I haven't found anything I really enjoy. I'd recommend all the ones I've tried to my fellow shorties, but only because I know so many others have found success in them. As for me, I'm still on the quest to find an exercise that doesn't make me miserable... :indifferent:
  • amandac72
    amandac72 Posts: 366 Member
    Options

Haha yep every exercise is new for me too since starting on MFP, was never one for exercise before!! I have tried lots of things, I find variety is the best thing, I get bored too easily if I do the same thing. I have done a few classes, I feel so unco-ordinated in classes but I do one called BodyCombat which is lots of kicking and punching type moves, quite like that one and boy does it make my arms ache for a few days after :laugh:
    Also love boxing, have done this a few times at a boxing type fitness gym and it is lots of fun and the time flies, again kills the arms!! Hmmm I seem to like the violent type of exercises, I guess its good to get the frustrations out :wink:

I really want to love running but although I am able to run consistantly now its just not something I enjoy yet, will keep at it though, I'm sure I will get there one day :huh:

Great job with the losses everyone :smile:
  • barbara1982
    barbara1982 Posts: 349 Member
    Options

Actually I haven't tried any new exercises and programms since I joined MFP. But I got a gym membership in February, it's not my first one. But generally I like going to the gym. But my favorite workout "partner" is definitely my Wii! :smile: I love the following games/workout programms: Wii Fit Plus, EASportsActive 2, EASportsActive More Workouts and Don King Boxing. I'm thinking of buying ExerBeat. Any experience with this one?
  • morefitmom
    morefitmom Posts: 264 Member
    Options

Hmm.. let's see I have done Zumba, step aerobics, Turbo Kick, Step and Pump (step aerobics w/ muscle conditioning). Those are the ones that float to the top of my mind. All of them have been really good heart pumping exercise. I feel the most worked when I do the Step an d Pump class. Step Aerobics is a great workout as it is but to add weights to the routines is even better. My favorite and the one that I always recommend is Zumba because I find that to be the most fun. Warning though that some instructors that are much better than others. I love instructors that add weight intervals. You feel the burn really good.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Today is the start of Spirit days.... right? :bigsmile: Can't wait to see what you girls come up with for pictures!
  • nikkiws
    nikkiws Posts: 164
    Options

I have tried classes at the gym, the best ones being Body Pump (weights) and Body Combat (kick boxing). I have also been doing Turbo Jam which I would recommend to anyone who can sustain the motivation to workout in your lounge. I must confess my mojo is gone in this arena and I am better at doing the time at the gym currently
  • Latoyamary
    Latoyamary Posts: 140
    Options

I started using intervals training. I haven't tried much. I am looking into Zumba. But, most of the classes held at my gym are held in the the morning or earlier aftermoons. So, it is a little difficult. What classes would you guys recommend??
  • Latoyamary
    Latoyamary Posts: 140
    Options
    Wednesday QOTD:

Once you have achieved your fitness goal or goal weight, what will you do to reward yourself for your achievement??
  • balowry1
    balowry1 Posts: 85
    Options
    Wednesday QOTD:

Once you have achieved your fitness goal or goal weight, what will you do to reward yourself for your achievement??

I will buy a new outfit, or two. The best reward will be that I will be healthy and fit.
  • kimi131
    kimi131 Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Besides the looking good and feeling good and the new clothes I will undoubtedly buy, I want laser hair removal when I reach my goal weight. I figure with all the money and time I spend for waxing, tweezing, and lotions, it will pay for itself in no time. I am just sick of all that stuff. I've wanted it for a long time, but could never bring myself to spend the money on something purely for aesthetics. I figure ultimate goal is the perfect time to reward myself. I have a jar next to my bed where I occasionally drop a $20 in to save up for it. Can't wait... :bigsmile:
  • lablovr108
    lablovr108 Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Wednesday QOTD:

My family booked a cruise for March 2012. I plan to be at or very near my goal weight by then. The cruise itself, as well as all of the new clothes that I will need for it, will be my reward. Although I will be receiving my reward no matter what, thinking about the punishment of seeing myself in pictures with my family and still having to wear a bathing suit in public even if I don't meet my goal is enough to ensure that I will be successful!!
  • thebutteredtoast
    Options
    Wednesday QOTD:

I honestly don't know. I never thought about rewarding myself, lol.
  • shortee75
    shortee75 Posts: 164
    Options
    Wednesday QOTD:

I would like to get a massage
  • peanut613
    peanut613 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Wednesday QOTD: Once you have achieved your fitness goal or goal weight, what will you do to reward yourself for your achievement??

Well after dropping 45 lbs, I'm gonna need some new clothes....
  • Val_Gets_Fit
    Val_Gets_Fit Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Wednesday QOTD:

This should be a really easy question, but I'm not sure! I'm looking forward to a new wardrobe for work and for home. I guess I'll do a mini makeover--hair, clothes, makeup and then have the hubby take me out for a nice night on the town. :-) My goal just seems so out of reach right now....