I deserve the credit

Options
So when people ask what I am doing to lose weight I always say low-calorie now because when I tell them I use slim-fast it seems I do not get as much credit. I don't do the 3-2-1 plan I just use the shakes most mornings and the meal bars as snack to hold me over between meals. I just wish I would get the same amount of credit when I tell them I use slim-fast. I am doing low calorie and slim fast helps me by not having to worry about prepping low calorie foods. I can go without slim-fast and eat almonds, or fruit as snacks and my english muffin for breakfast, but I don't always have time to prep and can't always get to the kitchen for snacks while I am working. Well I love slim fast because it has helped me stay on my plan and I won't use them forever, but they are convenient now.

Replies

• AMcMaster
    AMcMaster Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    your doing great!!
  • jlc1243
    jlc1243 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Well with a 57lb weight loss you're certainly doign something right! There will always be downers and nay-sayers. Just ignore them, and hey, if you have to withhold some information, don't feel bad about it. It's about you and not them anyway, right? Keep doing what works for you!!
  • BRANDYLYNETTE
    BRANDYLYNETTE Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    It gets tiring when people ask you what you are doing.....lol. I tell them I am addicted to a computer that helps support me....lol. It is TRUE! ha Great job!
  • JCPruitt
    JCPruitt Posts: 53
    Options
    Why is it people can't understand thing like that are simply aids. You still have to make the choice not to eat something else, you still do the exercise, you do all the work. If not, we could all simply drink a "diet" drink, make no other changes, and suddenly be thin (how most see it). I say, you are using it as an aid to get healthy.

Since they don't react well to it, just keep saying low-cal. It is true afterall.
  • Chairless
    Chairless Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    You are right, you deserve a lot of credit.

I have lost count of the times i have been asked how i have lost weight and been met with a blank expression when i reply, "i have been eating less and doing more, consistantly".
  • SpaceMarkus
    Options
    There's nothing wrong with using a meal replacement to help lose weight. I know Slim Fast has a shady history so maybe they're referring to that? I always cringe at it because Slim Fast put me in the hospital with a blood pressure spike when I was in High School.

I haven't gotten any negative responses when I tell people Shakeology has helped me drop over 20lbs. They all ask me where to get some! lol. Next time, ask them why they are being negative.
  • dfborders
    dfborders Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Hey you are doing great:flowerforyou: As far as those naysayers don't worry about it. The way you are using SlimFast is really only like a shake and a lot of people use shakes. Between you, me and anyone looking at these posts - I loved SlimFast. They taste good and in a pinch are fast, easy and healthy. I don't always have time to make breakfast or my Kashi cereal runs out before the next shopping trip - grab a SlimFast. Thinking of that, I think I will grab some SlimFast shakes this weekend!!:wink:
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    Who cares what people think. As long as it is healthy, do what you want. :)
  • andrewharman
    andrewharman Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You deserve loads of credit, losing that much weight. Losing weight with Slim Fast ain't that easy or everyone would be a size 0. The people who turn their noses up at it are probably a little jealous.

Keep at it, you look fantastic.
  • TheBigYin
    TheBigYin Posts: 5,686 Member
    Options
    Simple answer is just say to yourself "to hell with what people think - it's working for me, I'm doing great" and to them say "I'm just doing low-calorie".
  • sincereme
    sincereme Posts: 276
    Options
    You are putting in the hard work and the self control. You def deserve ALL the credit!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • krstnmuir
    Options
    I use slim fast as a quick option when I need the convenience... You are still choosing a healthy option, you could just as easily choose something convenient and unhealthy, so give YOURSELF the credit you deserve. Congratulations on the weight loss that's amazing!
  • Rhodygarden
    Options
    You are doing great! I had not thought of having slimfast bars on hand -- so thanks for posting!
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    It works for you in a healthy way and thats all that matters!
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    you are doing great and desirve teh credit. When I'm in ahurry in teh moring I grab greek yogurt. I don't see the difference between that and a slimfast shake. Like someone above said you are using it as an aid. gerat job. Kepp up teh good work. Maybe I';ll go buy soem slimfast when I'm tired of the yogurt. Chocolate milk for breakfest sounds yummy!
  • Nerdy_Rose
    Nerdy_Rose Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    I use slim fast occasionally too, when I have no time to go grocery shopping. I keep shakes in my fridge as a back-up. Having a back-up plan makes you smart and prepared! P.S. Have you tried the slimfast peanut butter crunch time bars? They taste just like a butter finger. I bought them for flight snacks recently and was really excited when I tried one.
  • marjen002
    marjen002 Posts: 112
    Options
    People can be horribly judgmental. You need to do what works for you. No matter what you do, YOU deserve the credit for making the decision to do something in the first place. Congrats on YOUR amazing progress! :drinker:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    I have found that the people who usually try to discredit something that is working for you (with negativity) are often just jealous or lazy and looking to make excuses for why they aren't doing something to lose weight themselves!
  • Happy0326
    Happy0326 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    you DESERVE the credit for your HARD work YOU are putting into your weightloss journey. I think slimfast is a great idea for a on the go breakfast when you don't have time to prepare food. Don't worry what others think or say. Do it for YOU!!! Keep up the GOOD work.
  • MandaLee8908
    MandaLee8908 Posts: 1,353 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this! I use Slim Fast too! And people look at me like i'm a nut case! I don't workout like crazy (because I can't) so protein shakes aren't warranted.

I don't do the 3-2-1 plan either...just use the shakes as a meal replacement if I wake up late and need a low cal breakfast or if I need an afternoon pick-me-up before dinner. Besides...I LOVE CHOCOLATE!