Looking for lady friends!

Options
Hi! I’m back after a few years! I know that’s terrible. I’ve been dieting on and off, but thankfully, I am now committed to eating Healthy and exercising! I have lost 14 lbs in about a month! I’m the mother of three beautiful grown children and one precious grand baby! One of my daughters is getting married in June and the engagement was my catalyst to get my self healthy. I want to be happy in the wedding photos, like myself in my dress and enjoy being active with my grand babies! My husband has gotten on board this time, so we are actually kind of having fun this time. Who knew getting healthy could become fun? Logging my food had been beyond helpful and I actually like doing it this time! Most of the friends I had on here before have gone dormant, kind of like it did, so I need new active friends!!

Replies

• kboggs777
    kboggs777 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I'm in search of friends as well. Add me...I live in Tallahassee, where are you from friend?
  • sandymom10
    sandymom10 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I’m from South Georgia! Excited to be encouraged and encourage ladies like me! I will add you!
  • BethClicks
    BethClicks Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hello! You can add me, I wouldn't mind having a few more friends :) I'm freezing in New Hampshire, first day of spring!
  • macdonald5076
    macdonald5076 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same situation as you. Haven't been on here a while but decided that I want to get more healthy after turning 50 this year. My kids are both grown and in college now so I don't have to worry about making two dinners any longer since they definitely don't need to diet at all. I was really thin in high school and college but after having babies the weight just kind of crept up on me. Stress of kids, daily life etc... I realized last year that I weigh more now than I did when I was pregnant with my son which really depressed me. So I'm glad to have some friends to share my journey.
  • mrsjhardin
    mrsjhardin Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    Anyone is welcome to add me. I have about 45 more lbs I want to lose and need all the motivation I can get!
  • vmlabute
    vmlabute Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    welcome!! Here for you!
  • heatherjohnson1980
    heatherjohnson1980 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hey all! Looking for friends myself. I gained a lot of weight due to undiagnosed hypothyroidism. I'm working hard to get back to being healthy so I can be more active and feel better.
    Before MFP, I was kinda tricking myself. I wasn't as accountable for my health as I should have been. This has been a great tool so far. Looking for others who struggle sometimes and can benefit from mutual encouragement!
    I'm proud to say that while I haven't lost much weight since beginning MFP 19 days ago, I'm feeling better and getting stronger!
    Add me if you'd like!

Cheers from Champaign, Illinois!
  • cathipa
    cathipa Posts: 2,991 Member
    Options
    Glad you are back!! I will send a FR and anyone else feel free to add! My diary is open for ideas as well.
  • BabyLovesToRun
    BabyLovesToRun Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me, I'm on MFP daily =)
  • Agathokakological
    Agathokakological Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me everyone. I just started tracking again and my diary is open to friends. Not sure how much it could inspire meal ideas since I do omad (one meal a day) but it's open to keep me accountable.