Foot tattoo, when can I get back to the gym?

Options
Kwee91
Kwee91 Posts: 10 Member
I got a tattoo on the top of my foot and down a little along the side last Wednesday. It doesn’t hurt anymore and it’s at that slight scabbing/peeling stage. Has anyone worked out with a foot tattoo and if so, when? I’ve heard some people say I could put some lotion on it and wrap it in a non adhesive bandage but I wanted to get more opinions. I’m a stay at home mom so I don’t have to wear shoes unless I need to go out so this whole week I’ve been in my house barefoot.

Replies

• allisonrinkel
    allisonrinkel Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I got a foot tattoo, and holy heck, it's painful. I'd give yourself about a week off of any strenuous stuff on your feet. They can swell and feel like they're going to rip open, and that's without anything on your feet. Plus lots of sweat won't be good for your skin while it's healing, it might foster an infection.
  • lorrpb
    lorrpb Posts: 11,464 Member
    Options
    What did the tattoo person say about this?
  • bobbiestokes1
    bobbiestokes1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You want to wait until the tattoo is fully healed. The material of you socks rubbing and feet sweat is not good for your tattoo. Hope that helps
  • jessef593
    jessef593 Posts: 2,272 Member
    Options
    Not sure if it applies but I recently added an ankle/lower calf tattoo and I worked out that day.

My friend is an artist. So he moisturized it and wrapped it in hydroderm and just said to clean it and avoid things rubbing it. But I guess it just depends how much you're willing to risk it.
  • RaeBeeBaby
    RaeBeeBaby Posts: 4,245 Member
    Options
    Work out at home barefoot (yoga/pilates) and wait for it to heal completely - no scabbing or peeling at all. You don't want to risk damaging the artwork just for a workout.
  • Kwee91
    Kwee91 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! My tattoo artist basically told me to stay out of shoes for as long as possible unless I had to wear them. But she said to wrap it in gauze and use tape and then put a sock over it. I think I will give it another week though because it’s still scabbing some and peeling. Thanks again!
  • nhorton5
    nhorton5 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    The day I got the top of my foot tattooed I was out riding horses in my long boots that afternoon, I even competed the very next day.

I would put loads of moisturiser on it, wrap it in clingfilm and then put your sock on :smiley:
  • ccruz985
    ccruz985 Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    Wrap it and you'll be fine.
  • lilac_bunny
    lilac_bunny Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Have you had other tattoos? People heal differently. My first tattoo got ruined because it didnt heal properly. When I had my second done I used cling film on it for 3 weeks to make sure it healed properly.