Macros don’t add up

Options
Has anyone else noticed that macros suddenly don’t add up properly? I tracked my day a few weeks back and again today and suddenly things aren’t adding up. I use most of the same foods. They are complete entries. I’ve had great success pretty much getting bang on calories AND macros. Now the macros are suddenly way off. I don’t get it

Replies

• RNjlc1969
    RNjlc1969 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I haven't noticed any problems with mine. Good luck.
  • Birder165
    Birder165 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    I've noticed this as well. I've noticed several times when I'm at or just abit under my calorie goal, all the macros are in the red. It's not making sense.
  • seska422
    seska422 Posts: 3,217 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Rounding and/or an inaccurate database entry.

The calories in the nutrition facts are rounded and they aren't calculated from the macros so they should be close to the macro calculation but might be a bit off. That can add up over the course of the day.

Also, database entries are mostly entered by users so they may be incorrect or altered to what the user wants them to say, such as net carbs. US manufacturers have options about how they count fiber so that can throw things off as well.
  • minelli2017
    minelli2017 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone. They seem to have added up well today after all
  • ap1972
    ap1972 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Birder165 wrote: »
    I've noticed this as well. I've noticed several times when I'm at or just abit under my calorie goal, all the macros are in the red. It's not making sense.

Did you earn any exercise calories? If so the calories are adjusted by the macro nutrients are not so you can go over them all whilst still hitting calorie target.
  • minelli2017
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Nope, there is definitely a glitch from time to time. Yesterday my macros were spot on, today they’re not even close even though I’ve used all the calories. My goals are
    Carb 157
    Fat 64
    Protein 127
    Further- I have just manually added up my carbs and they equal 161.7g but the macro chart is saying 137g
    I’ve exited myfitness pal and got back in again hoping it would change but no luck yet. It’s really annoying
  • hrod215
    hrod215 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Have you updated your weight in the goals? I've noticed when I happily track a new weight MFP defaults to it's own macros. I've had to manually fix it quite a few times.
  • minelli2017
    Options
    No I haven’t updated my weight anywhere
  • essbe
    essbe Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I came to the forum just to see if anyone else was having this issue. The mfp listed carbs add up to 25 but mfp says the total is 30. I guess maybe a rounding issue...