Losing Weight Whilst Breastfeeding

Options
Starh123
Starh123 Posts: 1 Member
Hi! Hope everyone is doing well.. :)

I was wondering if anyone is doing this journey of shedding some pounds whilst breastfeeding and doing it safely.
Anyone have some tips of how?

Replies

• DomesticKat
    DomesticKat Posts: 565 Member
    Options
    I am! Depending on the age of your baby and how frequently they nurse, it's likely that all you'll need to do is set your account to maintenance and track all of your calories that way, and your baby will create the deficit. I recommend that over trying to guess how many calories breastfeeding takes from you since it's such a variable thing and different for every mom and baby. My boy will be one next month, and I've lost 50 pounds since he was born following that method so it works well for me. I lose about a pound a week on average.
  • Cbkkata
    Cbkkata Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I set a custom exercise and named it breast feeding and gave it a value of 500 calories to 1 min.... and only log 1 min per day. Breastfeeding mommies need extra for the baby. I may not actually have a deficit this way, but it won't feel like I'm starving as much or losing my milk
  • jconey101
    jconey101 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am! Breastfeeding baby #4 . I personally added an extra 400-500 calories to my calories for the day which brings me to about 1900 for the day and I ve lost 6lbs so far . I know it’s working because I have not been able to get the scale to budge under 167 no matter what I was doing and since calorie counting it’s finally down to 162 !! Woohoo
  • allisongonzalez16
    allisongonzalez16 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Way to go I’m breastfeeding also and would like to loose some weight
  • dsboohead
    dsboohead Posts: 1,900 Member
    Options
    It has been years since breastfeeding in the 80's.
    My best weight loss situation was while feeding. Breast fed for a year and lost 60lbs. Ate healthy and drank alot of water and took baby for a walk 4 times a week for an hour!
    I would have taken in other babies just for the weight loss benefit! I looked great!