#1YEAR100LBS: I completed my first 5K event

Options
Hi all. I posted in the Intro section my story about why Im aiming to lose 100lbs in 1 year. As part of the plan I started to work towards taking part in the Delamere Resolution 5K 11 March. Ive got to say it was a fantastic experience, but damn it was tough as well. I was helped out by 2 friends who supported me all the way around the course, a course that even experienced 10 and 15k runners thought was beyond average because it was constant hills right along the course.

Wasnt going to let it stop me though. But by the time I got to the end of it I knew I had given everything I had in me to get to the finish line.

Currently looking for the next 5K, one a little flatter this time I think.

Replies

• L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Way to go!
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,687 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Beware - racing can be addictive.
  • mph323
    mph323 Posts: 3,565 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You're a rock star!
  • Frankie_Fan
    Frankie_Fan Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! Congratulations!!
  • kathleenneriducharme
    kathleenneriducharme Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Congratulations.
  • acbraswell
    acbraswell Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Love it! Thanks for sharing! Congratulations and keep up the awesome work!
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Great work! The thing about running is that it gets easier as you log more miles. It also gets easier as you lose weight. When I combined calorie deficit and running the weight came of fast. And the hills, I started seeking them out for fun. I have taken a break from running after a ankle injury but am going to get back to it. I need to lose some of the 20 pounds that I put back on.
  • PaulMacfilm
    PaulMacfilm Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for your comments. I'm happy to say I've found my next 5k and it's completely flat, in the next town over to where I live. Time to get training again.
  • dewd2
    dewd2 Posts: 2,445 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats on finishing. I love your attitude. I have no doubt you will succeed with your weight loss goal.

And, yes, you looked very aerodynamic. :D