Vegan friends and the plant-curious :)

Options
Heya,
Going on 6 years vegan, 30 lbs down since then, California Bay Area...
Since Jan 1 I've been doing a sloooooowwwwwww re-composition and MFP is helping so much. I was really underestimating calories and I like seeing micros as well as macros. Interested in meeting any and all vegans and hearing your weight loss, gain, or recomp stories, reasons for veganism, or answering questions for people considering giving it a go!

I went vegan overnight after a weekend of binge drinking and eating. My last non-veg meal was a fish taco (my former favorite food!).
I was so sick from all that... just totally dead inside, in pain from eating and drinking, like many other times, and over it... I watched a few documentaries under a blanket, went vegan for a week as an experiment, then felt so good I never went back. I am still learning new things about plant-based nutrition all the time. It has changed my life completely.
What about you?

Replies

• joiedevivrenee
    joiedevivrenee Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi I’m vegan have been for about 6 years and gained a lot of weight during a blissful year long honey moon phase with my partner. Now I am focused on losing weight and losing weight and building a healthier lifestyle
  • Missycvt
    Missycvt Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Hi! I’ve been vegan for 3 whole months now. Doesn’t sound like much, it actually seems longer, like a year! Haha! But it’s going well! I’m loving the new recipes I get to cook and new places I get to try. Only thing is, not much weight loss. :( I still drink. Not everyday but maybe 3 times a week. The infamous wine Wednesday and of course the weekend! :# So I want to lose weight now, especially since summer is coming and you know vacation yada yada but mainly to feel good when I go try on clothes! Ugh! I used to be a size 5 in 2012 and now I’m a 13/14. :( If I at least lose 20 lbs I’ll be happy. So I know I need to cut back on drinking and cut back on carbs. As well as avocados and evoo that I put in EVERYTHING! Well hopefully this is sufficient so that you can add me and we can motivate each other! My name is Missy. :)