Slim Fast Plan

Options
Has anyone ever tried the SlimFast diet plan? Any success with it?

Replies

• concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Well, they haven't gone out of business, so evidently a lot of people are buying the stuff.

For me, it does not have the right balance of nutrients to help me feel satisfied.
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    I was crazy hungry! Good on you if you can do this! There are easier ways <3
  • Momepro
    Momepro Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    Didn't satisfy me enough to lose weight, but for years it was a good quick meal for me, and great for those days when my stomach wouldn't tolerate normal foods.
    I don't know if they changed the recipe or my stomach just became more sensitive, but I can't tolerate it anymore though. A single serving is mildly crampy. More than one or two in a week makes my tummy very angry.
  • innogenchi
    innogenchi Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I can't deal with drinking my meals, but if you stick with it I'm sure it works.
  • ladyreva78
    ladyreva78 Posts: 4,080 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    I lost 10kg on a slimfast plan.

I regained 15kg once I got off it because it learned exactly nothing about what an appropriate serving size is for me or what foods keep me feeling full longer.

I also suspect that the cycling of low fat and going haywire on fat because I was feeling deprived (which happened anytime I tried such plans) caused my gallbladder to demand a divorce.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    I need to chew to feel satisfied. I’m better off with meals.
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,069 Member
    Options
    I lost 10lbs with it a couple of times, but wouldn't call it success because I'd always gain it back, I learnt absolutely nothing about portion control and would just go back to eating the same way as I always did.

I have had far more success just setting myself a reasonable calorie deficit, eating foods I like and increasing my activity (walking a little more, spending less time sitting in the evenings). I've lost around 40lbs and maintained the loss during diet breaks.

• Dlouise90
    Dlouise90 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your replies, everyone!
  • jlynn1991
    jlynn1991 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    As far as tastes go, I have never tried a flavor that wasn’t delicious. But as a diet plan, it restricts too much which may lead to overeatting. It is basically a way to lower calories easily to cause the weight loss but does not teach you how to probably plan healthy meals for your day. I drink a slim-fast every once in awhile as a protien filled low carb snack when I’m not at protien goal for the day. Or a breakfast on the go, when I’m truly pressed for time.
  • SavannahS2016
    SavannahS2016 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    If your can cope with feeling hungry just a little I would. I like structure and and stops me eating the same size portions and treats as my partner he is extremely active so can eat whatever. I started yesterday I like to feel a little hungry when dieting don't ask why lol cause I don't know.
    They know what they were doing before dieting got them in this position they know they must cut down. Just don't go back to what you are before.
    E.G before diet i ate 200g chips 1 tin of beans an 4 sausages. Thats not working I'm not losing weight arrgggh why am I not losing weight eating a family size meal.
    Off I toddle to go on slimfast for couple weeks shrink stomach if that's a thing I don't know just forget about food just eat what is written don't think about food
    Wohooo I have finished my diet. Lets eat chips but I don't want to be fat again. So if I was fat eating 200g chips 1 tin beans and 4 sausages maybe I should eat 100g chips 1/2 tin beans an 2 sausages.
    I hope that made sense it's not for everyone but I enjoy dieting this way lol.
    Buying pack of 500g veg cook it eat it all between 2 of us and a 5 year old and a piece of chicken diet sorted. No we don't need potatoes. There is carbs in veg. If you don't like veg on its own add gravy or ketchup or both ;) Forget eating for taste. Eat for fuel if you can remind yourself that you'll do well.
    But it's all trial and error what works for me might not work for you or Bob or Claire or your gym instructor.
    Omg sorry massive post lol good luck on your journey though. Let us know what you decided x