Can still lose good amount of body fat but body can't get smaller?

What do you do when your body fat percentage is still reduceable (16.3% here) and male. But it seems as if doing more cardio will just make your frame smaller, same with going on a diet. And you already think you're skinny enough, but you can still get rid of more body fat. What should you do in this case?

Replies

• sardelsa
    sardelsa Posts: 9,812 Member
    I'm not male but when that happens, it's probably time to build muscle. So I run a bulk, or several.

In your case you may want to recomp to build muscle and lose fat. So eat at maintenance and lift. Depends on your stats too.

Are you doing any lifting?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    shame OP never came back...
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Not really understanding what you are getting at because there seems some impossible conflicts
    You don't want to be smaller, but you want to lose fat but also not gain muscle?
    You want a fit appearance but don't seem to want muscle definition?

Also don't understand the comment about cardio making your "frame smaller". How exactly do you think that happens? It's also another conflict with wanting a "fit toned look" - to me I would be thinking of people who do a lot of cardio having that look.

Maybe separate your goals?
    Heavier or lighter or same weight.
    More or less or same fat % - which will change your muscle definition.
    More or less or same muscle mass.

Posting a picture of where you are now and a picture of the physique you aspire to may help cut through the confusion of how you are using various terms.

• Fatvaporizer
    Fatvaporizer Posts: 139 Member
    By smaller frame, I mean people are already saying you look too skinny don't lose anymore. And in pictures and stuff you do look skinny but your bf % is still up there. Thanks for the replies.
  • Fatvaporizer
    JMcGee2018 wrote: »
    I have been lifting but that's starting to give me that muscular look where I see muscles protruding. I'm trying to go for a fit, toned look.

Guys at a low bf% are either going to look skinny if they don't have muscles, or muscular if they do (with the exception of a small percentage of men who are genetically predisposed to lean muscle mass and can't bulk without heavy supplementation). Women have a much easier time achieving the "toned" look and a much harder time achieving the "muscular" look.

If you aren't predisposed to be lean, I think you'll have to choose between a low bf% and skinny, or a low bf% and muscular. I'd go for the latter.

I think you nailed it. Going for the lean look, but if that's predisposed like you say, then oh well.
  • Fatvaporizer
    I have been lifting but that's starting to give me that muscular look where I see muscles protruding. I'm trying to go for a fit, toned look.

I got five 'woo's on this comment, are they sarcastic because my comment seems crazy? Or actual cheering? I can't tell. Lol.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member

I got five 'woo's on this comment, are they sarcastic because my comment seems crazy? Or actual cheering? I can't tell. Lol.

To me, your comment made no sense.

I don't understand what your difference is between muscular which you don't want and fit and toned which you do?