I feel pretty, oh so pretty... NSV!!!!

Options
Yesterday, I had to go to a bridal shop for the dreaded bridesmaid dress fitting (It's the later of two weddings I'm standing in...3 weeks away). I was so disappointed in the dressing room when I looked in the mirror and the dress looked HORRIBLE on me. It is a beautiful dress and I was looking forward to the wedding because I was going to be seeing people I hadn't seen in years and I wanted to look stunning :blushing: I was nearly in tears because of how bad it fit me. When I came out, the consultant was like "Oh dear, let me go get the seamstress". I then overheard her in the next room telling the seamstress, "you're going to have a lot of work to do on this dress, this girl has a little bitty waist". Folks, if I was even slightly prone to hugging and kissing complete strangers, somebody would have has to peel my off of that woman lol! Next, I stopped at the nail salon for a manicure for the wedding I'm in this weekend (I used to be a regular at this salon but had not been for a manicure since my son was born a year ago). When I came in the door, the nail tech said, "Wow! You haven't been here in a long time! You lost all that baby weight!" And again, I got a sudden urge to just :smooched: all over her! Yesterday just really made me feel great....thought I'd share. Much love MFP buddies!!!!

Replies

• godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! Congratulations; all your hard work is paying off.
  • BrownEyedG1rl
    BrownEyedG1rl Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!!!! THat is awesome!!!! It's great when people notice, isn't it?!?!
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! :)
  • williti
    williti Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    this girl has a little bitty waist

I LOVE IT! You go girl!!
  • bja1039
    bja1039 Posts: 9
    Options
    Wow that's awesome! I bet you instantly forgot about how the dress fit once she said that! Congrats on your success!!
    :flowerforyou:
  • DixieDarlin1987
    DixieDarlin1987 Posts: 553 Member
    Options
    Wow that's awesome! I bet you instantly forgot about how the dress fit once she said that! Congrats on your success!!
    :flowerforyou:
    Oh you bet I did! I know that lady could tell how upset I was and she said, "Don't worry honey, we'll fix you up. We'll have you putting those other bridesmaids to shame" lol! Of course, that isn't my goal.....oh wait....maybe it is a little :tongue:
  • marquesajen
    Options
    That's so great! Best feeling ever, right?
  • mrdwatson91
    Options
    Congratulations; all your hard work is paying off! :D
  • DixieDarlin1987
    Options
    That's so great! Best feeling ever, right?

Most DEFINITELY :happy:
  • hpygirl64ColleenLinder
    Options
    Your topic line was what encouraged me to click as it was a favorite song my Mom used to sing with her sister (I lost her this past Mother's Day)... it was your story and perspective on life that kept me reading. Tisk tisk on those that judge another and not knowing where they've come from or where they are going. Kudos for you for seeing the positive and sharing with others...

Keep your eye on the prize!

Feel free anyone to friend me for positive food for thought left on my page daily! Hugs and Health, Colleen
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Absolutely LOVE that this happened! What an amazing feeling. And I'll bet you'll put everyone (except the bride) to shame on that wonderful day! Enjoy your "itty bitty waist"!!!!!!

Congrats!
  • Rebeccasluckyduck
    Rebeccasluckyduck Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    this girl has a little bitty waist".

Woo hoo! I'm glad you feel so good. And you're going to rock both of those weddings!

God gave me a lot of things in life, but a waist was not one of them. Even when I'm thin (it's been a while) I have more of a jelly bean shape. I would love to hear someone say I had a tiny waist...
  • DixieDarlin1987
    Options
    Your topic line was what encouraged me to click as it was a favorite song my Mom used to sing with her sister (I lost her this past Mother's Day)... it was your story and perspective on life that kept me reading. Tisk tisk on those that judge another and not knowing where they've come from or where they are going. Kudos for you for seeing the positive and sharing with others...

Keep your eye on the prize!

Feel free anyone to friend me for positive food for thought left on my page daily! Hugs and Health, Colleen

Thank you! I'm so sorry for your loss
  • DixieDarlin1987
    Options
    Just an update......This is a picture from the second wedding. I haven't seen any from the first. But in both, I felt great! Thank you all for reading my NSV and for the support!

jessicaswedding2.jpg
  • Mom2rh
    Mom2rh Posts: 612 Member
    Options
    You look phenomenal! Good job!
  • DixieDarlin1987
    Options
    You look phenomenal! Good job!

Thank you sooo much!!!
  • DixieDarlin1987
    Options
    I found another one teeheehee!!! Yay!!!

jessicaswedding.jpg
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Awww you look lovely!
  • DixieDarlin1987
    Options
    Awww you look lovely!
    Thank you! :)
  • helenmelon29
    helenmelon29 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    You look gorgeous , dress fits you perfect.x
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!