Getting married in a month!

Options
I am so torn on what to do!

My wedding is only a month away. My dress is being steamed and pressed and I get it back from the bridal shop on the 26th. I didn't have any alterations done. Would I be cutting it too close for getting alterations done if I keep up my diet/exercise plan? I would hate for my dress to not fit like it's supposed to (be too loose and look funny) but I don't want to cheat myself. I've feel like I'm on a roll and if I slow down now, I don't know if I can start back up later.

Any advice from other women that have been through this?

Replies

• CarolMorris66
    Options
    I don't think a month is going to make that much difference in your dress...

Realistically we aim to lose one pound a week, so you are only talking four pounds surely??? Better to be safe than sorry though and perhaps work on maintaining rather than losing anymore. I got married 6 weeks ago and did suddenly lose 5lbs during the two weeks before my wedding, which didn't affect my dress sizing but I hasten to add, I did put straight back on!!!!

Good luck and enjoy your day
  • ryderr
    ryderr Posts: 4
    Options
    I agree with Carol. Plus its better for it to be too baggy than too tight right? lol Its hard to start back once you quit even if its for a short time and with the best intentions.
  • codyyde
    codyyde Posts: 36
    Options
    I wouldn't stop, a lot can happen in a month and you could get bloated from alcohol etc during all the celebrations you will be having
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    maybe you should ask when is the cut off for alterations? if you arent having another fitting then how will u know if the fit has changed if u do lose weight? its a bit late for alterations on the big day! i would maintain.
  • jkincaid0202
    Options
    I think I may call the bridal shop and ask how close to the wedding they can get alterations done if I need them... just in case. If I have to pay the extra for the rush alterations, then so be it. I'm worth it.
  • m_hollywood
    Options
    Keep going! It's your big day and you want to feel as amazing as you look. :)