Saxenda

Options
Has anybody tried the saxenda injections? If so what are your opinions? I have a pack getting delivered tomorrow, if you are interested in this weight loss product add me to hear my thoughts and see my weekly results

Replies

• kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    It sounds horrible that people would opt for injections, instead of just eating less.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    tiptoethruthetulips Posts: 3,365 Member
    Options
    I doubt this post is spam, saxenda is only available on script from a medical doctor. I assume it is the genuine product the OP is trying and was obtained on script.

OP, you may find some of the prior threads about saxenda useful. I used the search link above and if you click on the results below you will finda a number of threads:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/search?adv=1&search=saxenda&title=&author=&cat=all&tags=&discussion_d=1&comment_c=1&group_group=1&within=1+day&date=
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    Options
    It sounds horrible that people would opt for injections, instead of just eating less.

Just eat less is very much simplication of a complex issue of why people are overweight.

It's great that just eating less works for some, unfortunately it isn't that easy for everyone.

• chloegalvin3
    chloegalvin3 Posts: 7 Member
    Options

I don’t eat a lot, I struggle to get my 1200 calories per day, I am on the slimming world plan too. I posted about this for support and to support others who struggle to lose the weight, it may be a sad thought to you but other people are desperate to lose the weight they need to, it was prescribed by a doctor.
  • tiptoethruthetulips
    Options
    If you already struggle to eat a lot, I am not sure how saxenda is meant to help you? Saxenda is meant to reduce appetite so as to discourage overeating.

Do you currently weigh/measure everything you consume and drink? If not, it may that you are actually eating more than 1200cals.
  • Sunna_W
    Sunna_W Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't do it, personally. You only have one pancreas and IMO it's better to figure out how to make it work through diet modification rather than taking an anti-diabetic medication that is used off label for weight loss... the low blood sugar side effect can be dangerous. Are you planning to track your blood sugar with finger sticks / meter while you are taking it? Finally, if you start to feel light headed or shaky, your blood sugar has dropped and you need to address the issue immediately (see this link) to bring it back into balance.

https://www.webmd.com/diabetes/tc/low-blood-sugar-emergency-care-topic-overview

• kommodevaran
    Options

Just eat less is very much simplication of a complex issue of why people are overweight.

It's great that just eating less works for some, unfortunately it isn't that easy for everyone.
    Overweight is very simple, it is an accumulation of body fat caused by taking in too many calories over time. Why people eat too much over time, is a complex issue. Just eating less doesn't just work for some, it is the only way to lose weight that works, and it works for everybody who does it. I didn't say it was easy. Don't conflate simple and easy.
  • kommodevaran
    Options

I don’t eat a lot, I struggle to get my 1200 calories per day, I am on the slimming world plan too. I posted about this for support and to support others who struggle to lose the weight, it may be a sad thought to you but other people are desperate to lose the weight they need to, it was prescribed by a doctor.
    Doctors don't know a lot about weightloss or nutrition.
    You struggle with your weight because you don't know how weight loss works.
    You are desperate to try things because you don't know how weight loss works.
    The best support someone who struggles with weight because of lack of knowledge about how weight loss works, can receive, is education about how weight loss works.
  • sthomas0214
    sthomas0214 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I started the .6 dose on 3/16. So far no big side effects. The last 2 nights I have had some slight nausea around dinner time but nothing major. I have noticed a major change in my appetite and how much I eat before feeling full. I am upping to the 1.2 this friday so we will see how that goes! So far I have lost 1lb per day since starting it. I am also in the gym 5 days a week so that helps with my results as well. Feel free to add me for saxenda support or questions to compare stories! Good luck!
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    Options

Saxenda is for the most part an appetite suppressant. If you are struggling to eat enough, Saxenda will make it worse, not better.

If you are not losing weight, you are most likely not counting your calories correctly. 1200 cals is simply not a lot of food, have you been logging here on MFP? Do you weigh out your portions?

If you went to the doctor because you are not eating much and not losing weight, and their response was to prescribe an appetite suppressant, my humble suggestion would also be to find a new doctor.

I'm sorry you're struggling and hope you figure it out!
  • ladyhusker39
    ladyhusker39 Posts: 1,406 Member
    Options
    I'm unclear. Can you explain how this helps you lose weight especially if you already have trouble getting enough calories?

Those two things seem to contradict each other.

I'm genuinely interested in understanding so I hope my question comes across the right way.