The hangover binge!!!

Options
I have a night out coming up this Saturday, meeting some friends I haven't seen in six months for drinks and I know I'm fine with that regard because I don't drink very much and only ever drink vodka+ soda water, but what my downfall is the hangover the enxt day when I seem to lose all willpower and eat circles around me...of course when I'm hungover I eat all the wrong things and seem to crave junk food and carbs which I ordinarily avoid...

Any advice?

Replies

• runnermel
    runnermel Posts: 278
    Options
    be sure to have bananas on hand. have one right before you go to bed that night and one as soon as you get up in the next morning. it really helps! I have to make myself eat them becuase I am not a huge fan of bananas. but it is worth it! also, make sure you drink tons and tons of water before, during and after. have fun!
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    I just had to deal with this this morning. I almost pulled into McD's but in my head I kept seeing it on my diary and possible red numbers ... decided scrambled egg whites, turkey sausage and an orange w/ my little ones sounded much better. So GLAD that I made that choice. Delicious, filling and NO guilt!
  • hphm420
    hphm420 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem. Since I'm usually super lazy on a hang over too :-), I try to fill up on a lot of protien instead of carbs and bad stuff.

252650.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • DancezChick
    Options
    Hangover food is the best and the WORST.... but i've come to find out that nothing "healthy" helps with the hangover. Just do that drive tru through McDonalds.. help the hang over and work out extra hard the next day. Not the greatest advice but I've been there and done that :sick:
  • hifinm
    hifinm Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    coconut water!!!

Only 60 calories and has the same amount of potasium as 2 bananas. Has more electrolytes than gatorade. A really good natural way of rehydrating your body.
  • Johnsweaver
    Johnsweaver Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I find that my usual healthy breakfast, a multivitamin and all the water I can drink usually makes me feel better. A good cup or two of coffee is necessary as well.
  • mcguink
    mcguink Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks so muich folks...I always drink one litre of water before I go to bed when I've been drinking, but it doesn't seem to make much difference as I wake up like someone who has been depreived of food for a month!!!

@runnermel I hate bananas too...I genuinely can't stomach them...any other foods you may be able to suggest (sorry for being a pain)

@hihinm Have never tried coconut water, not a fan of coconut but I might give it a whirl...although I live in Ireland so I'm not sure where I can get it, but I will look anyway!

@hphm420 Great suggestion on the protein...generally the carbs are my first port of call when hungover....but I'm going to try hit the protein first for once!

Really appreciate all the comments am new here so haven't had much interaction
  • ande2994
    ande2994 Posts: 136
    Options
    I used to crave greasy foods when I was hungover, but now that I'm avoiding greasy foods more in my day-to-day life, they actually kind of make me sick. Feeling SICKER is certainly not what I want when I'm hungover! I feel like water, juice and any sort of bread (toast, bagels, etc.) help get the alcohol out of my system without making me feel worse.
  • mcguink
    mcguink Posts: 15
    Options
    Thanks ande2994, I'm like you...greasy foods don't agree with me...never have thankfully so I avoid them like the plague whether I'm hungover or not...I suppose my worst culprits are too much bread-based products, cheese, chocolate and biscuits...basically all rubbishy things