Motivational Quotes for Fitness!!

Options
I liked this one today:
"Running is the greatest metaphor for life, because you get out of it what you put into it".–Oprah Winfrey.

Replies

• papastu
    papastu Posts: 737 Member
    Options
    The Winner says "It may be difficult but it's possible"
    The Loser says "It may be possible but it's too difficult"
  • oatmealgates
    oatmealgates Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Your body is the baggage you must carry through life. The more excess the baggage, the shorter the trip.
  • LeeLynnP
    LeeLynnP Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Motivation comes and goes, but commitment is forever
    -Unknown
  • ambermichon
    ambermichon Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    I love all of these!!! Lets see if it keeps going. I like the boost it gives me for the day!
  • mleipe
    mleipe Posts: 54
    Options
    The one I use - I actually have it up on the wall in my office - is "Choose Not To".

For me it's all about what I choose to do or not to do and I DO have a choice, all day every day, as to whether or not I eat something I shouldn't or whatever.

That's how I was able to successfully quit smoking 7.5 years ago after 20 years of a pack a day - I simply "choose not to" have a cigarette every day, and I'm learning to do that with food, too.
  • ambermichon
    Options
    The one I use - I actually have it up on the wall in my office - is "Choose Not To".

For me it's all about what I choose to do or not to do and I DO have a choice, all day every day, as to whether or not I eat something I shouldn't or whatever.

That's how I was able to successfully quit smoking 7.5 years ago after 20 years of a pack a day - I simply "choose not to" have a cigarette every day, and I'm learning to do that with food, too.

Awesome!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    "It's your Attitude, not your Aptitude, that determines your Altitude"

"Consistency is the difference between true champions and occasional winners"

"You can have a bad day, a bad week, a bad month, but if your consistent you'll NEVER have a bad year"

"The gonna doers and wanna doers are the never doers"

"Procrastination is the Assassination of Motivation"
  • prettyfitchick
    prettyfitchick Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    My Fav Motivational Quote
    When you look good
    You feel Good
    And when you feel Good
    You can do Good
  • Bailey543
    Bailey543 Posts: 375
    Options
    I'm closer than I was yesterday.
    Also, this isn't really a quote, but when I first started losing weight, I went to Weight Watchers meetings. One of the members was bummed that she had only lost a pound in her first week. The leader said to her "go home and look at a pound of butter. That's how much you lost."
    I have thought of that ever since that day! A pound is a pound!! You lost it and you will continue to lose those pounds as long as you keep going. "You are closer than you were yesterday"

Also one of my faves, "pain is weakness leaving your body"
  • jrhstarlight
    jrhstarlight Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I just saw this on someone's profile and love it :)

"Your legs are not giving out. Your head is giving out. Keep going."
  • cmg2008
    cmg2008 Posts: 139
    Options
    bump! absoutely love this!
  • ambermichon
    Options
    I am gonna save all of these somewhere and read them when I have a ho hum day!!!!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    I am gonna save all of these somewhere and read them when I have a ho hum day!!!!
    Do what I do with clients. Write them on stickies along with your goal then paste them on: your bathroom mirror, your fridge and the visor on your car. The more you see it the more your subconscious mind "accepts" it. Part of "winning" is how your mind perceives whether you look at anything optimistically or pessimistically.
    Now when I have a client say "I gained a pound" and have a defeated attitude, their attitude is now "I gained a pound............at least it wasn't two!" instead.
  • ambermichon
    Options
    Do what I do with clients. Write them on stickies along with your goal then paste them on: your bathroom mirror, your fridge and the visor on your car. The more you see it the more your subconscious mind "accepts" it. Part of "winning" is how your mind perceives whether you look at anything optimistically or pessimistically.
    Now when I have a client say "I gained a pound" and have a defeated attitude, their attitude is now "I gained a pound............at least it wasn't two!" instead.

Will Do!!! :-)
  • abbysmommy7
    abbysmommy7 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    "I believe in pink. I believe that laughing is the best calorie burner. I believe in kissing, kissing a lot. I believe in being strong when everything seems to be going wrong. I believe that happy girls are the prettiest girls".
    ~Audry Hepburn~

When the world says, "Give up,"
    Hope whispers, "Try it one more time."
    ~Author Unknown

and My tag line...becuase I am the sweatiest person I know when I exercise and I just have to remind myself...it's not sweat its accomplishment
  • hanna1210
    hanna1210 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    Love these!

"It's not the hours you put in, it's what you put into the hours" We used this on a t-shirt in high school and it always kind of stuck.
  • WWH_AJ
    WWH_AJ Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Bump, bump, bump! I'm going to write these all down and post them everywhere in the house!
  • ziggy67
    ziggy67 Posts: 351
    Options
    "When the going gets tough... the tough get going!" Thats me to a tee!
  • ambermichon
    Options
    bump----see if we can get some more!
  • LeeLynnP
    LeeLynnP Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    bump