This is kind of a big deal for me...

Options
CBD92
CBD92 Posts: 72 Member
edited March 2018 in Success Stories
ykeq23ejx1vc.jpg
wp15em0uqbb1.jpg
pu8tex9ofek1.jpg

Never in my whole life would I have felt comfortable posting something like this online, but I'm extremely happy this morning with what I've done!

Years ago I was active and fit and weighed about 165-170 lb. This was a weight I had come down from from being 235 lb! When I met my partner we drank a lot of beer and ate pizza a lot so that went up to 190, and then I got pregnant. During my pregnancy I went back up to that dreaded 235 lb mark and I was pretty bummed. I dealt with a lot of postpartum depression and really have not been taking care of myself. I kept setting mini goals - first get out of the 210s, then the 200s, then the 190s. I've been sitting steadily between 190-199 for about a year. As soon as I'd get down to 190 I'd gain another 8 pounds.

I'm not sure what happened, but about 6 weeks ago I stopped emotional eating and binge eating. I didn't even try, the desire to eat myself until I couldn't move just wasn't there anymore. I started tracking all my food, and have been consistently losing 1.3 lb per week. I'm very injured at the moment , so I haven't been able to train as much as I want (I'm a Muay Thai kick boxer and a boxer), which sucks, but that just goes to show how huge diet is! I have pretty much been sitting on my *kitten*, doing things with my kid and just walking occasionally as part of my physiotherapy, and I was finally able to reach that next mini goal of getting out of the 190s that I've been working on for so long.

I will continue to set mini goals (next up is getting out of the 180s) until I get my final goal of 165 so I can finally fight. I've been wanting to fight for years, but my weight has always held me back. Regardless of how much I weigh, I'm very athletic, strong, and have surprisingly amazing cardio when it comes to boxing, so the only thing that's ever held me back is me not being able to make weight. I finally feel like I'm losing steadily enough that I can fight when I go to Thailand in October!

Anyway thanks to everyone who is reading! I'm not usually one to post my goals and such but this one was really big for me :)

Replies

• alyssa_rest
    alyssa_rest Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! You're doing great :smile:
  • solieco1
    solieco1 Posts: 1,559 Member
    Options
    This is so amazing! Nothing can stop you !
  • CBD92
    Options
    Awesome job! You're doing great :smile:
    solieco1 wrote: »
    This is so amazing! Nothing can stop you !

Thank you so much for the kind words :)
  • kelMee2
    kelMee2 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    Well done! Mini goals are the way to go and even though I’m just at the beginning of my weight loss journey I’m giving myself mini goals as I think if I concentrated on the overall amount I want to lose I would get disheartened really quickly. I wish you well and hope it won’t be long before you accomplish your dream x
  • 63hanson
    63hanson Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Great job! I agree, mini goals are the way to go.
  • MsDreaB
    MsDreaB Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Wonderful mini goals are the best way to do it!! U look great!! Congrats on your success!!
  • DanerTee
    DanerTee Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    This is more than "kind've a big deal"!!!! This is a HUGE deal and you should be so proud, what an amazing job you've done! Good luck with the fighting!
  • mulecanter
    mulecanter Posts: 1,792 Member
    Options
    Every change in the "ten digit" is a big, meaningful milestone, love it!!
  • Sheluvsbread2much
    Sheluvsbread2much Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    That is a big deal. Congratulations on your success and I wish you a speed recovery. I can't wait to get out of the "ten's" myself. I'm going to do a jig when I get to the next set of ten.
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Kick *kitten*!
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    Now that filter just makes me look like a REAL jerk.

Kick butt!
  • saragd012
    saragd012 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Amazing work! You are look awesome and I'm sure feeling great too, keep it up!
  • CBD92
    Options
    Now that filter just makes me look like a REAL jerk.

Kick butt!

Hahah that gave me a good laugh. :D
  • CBD92
    Options
    Thank you everyone! I feel the best I've felt in a long time :)
  • rowemaximus
    rowemaximus Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Fantastic work! You got this!
  • CBD92
    Options
    Fantastic work! You got this!
    Thank you :)
  • margotlovesyou
    margotlovesyou Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Outstanding work!!! 235 was my starting weight too, I’ll send you a friend request :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!