I just ate a donut

Options
2»

Replies

• jefamer2017
    jefamer2017 Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    I ate at a buffet last night and even had a roll. I am almost certain I went over by a couple of hundred calories but I do not feel one ounce of guilt. Just keep moving forward. Today I chose lower calorie foods that keep me full. Going to have vegetables for dinner tonight. It's about balance over the long run.
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    Why don't you just have a giant salad for dinner instead to cut down on the calories. I would just cut out the calories from my dinner and make a big salad with lots of veggies <200 calories and hopefully only be over my total by <100.
  • marissafit06
    marissafit06 Posts: 1,996 Member
    Options
    Just keep doing it again and again. Eventually your conscience won’t bother you anymore.
  • Lennonluv2
    Lennonluv2 Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Eat dinner for sure. Try not to overthink it. Weight loss is a mind game. It's done you gotta move forward. You could exercise and take your mind off it and burn the calories as well.
  • XxQueenMxX
    XxQueenMxX Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    YUM!
  • Rocknut53
    Rocknut53 Posts: 1,794 Member
    Options
    And it was a Krispy Kreme...we don't have those where I live, a mixed blessing because they are so good. I can't remember the last time I ate a donut. Hmm...that's sad.
  • bfanny
    bfanny Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Today I’m ravenous and you know what? I don’t care about keeping my deficit it’s just one day and I know myself better if I get too hungry, later I’ll end up bingeing and I DON’T want that ;)
  • callsitlikeiseeit
    callsitlikeiseeit Posts: 8,627 Member
    Options
    well, im sure the Earth will stop spinning on its axis now, and we will all plummet to a cold, dark, gravity-less death in the deep void of space.

or not.

it was a donut. youll be okay. promise.
  • Danp
    Danp Posts: 1,561 Member
    Options
    Meh, I ate 6 of them the other week.

I Logged 'em, adjusted the remaining meals/food for that day to be lower in calories to offset them a bit, adjusted the next day with a little more walking/cycling and a little larger calorie deficit than normal to offset the rest.

All good, moved on, guilt free and still losing weight. =)

I'm so glad I stopped viewing some foods as 'good' and some as 'bad'. Previously this would have sent me totally off the rails because I'd eaten a 'bad' food so I'd failed and what's the point... Now Food is food and calories are calories. The doughnuts went from a disgusting failure to a delicious setback that I easily recovered from and get back to business.
  • slossia
    slossia Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Theirs a donut shop near me that have four dollar donuts. Now I had to try one and now I’ll never go anywhere else for donuts. And they have vegan donuts also. I’m getting a vegan maple donut this Sunday. I’ll eat less Saturday and bank the calories for the donut Sunday!
  • JustSomeJD
    JustSomeJD Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Log the calories and move on. Eat a little less dinner if you want, or just keep in mind that you went a little over today. Keep on track tomorrow.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    What kind of donut was it?

Last time I had one I was so disappointed that it just didn’t taste great. I was so looking forward to an amazing donut, but this was honestly just not worth the calories. And my daughter’s fav place, too — Sublime Donut in Atlanta. I’m totally open to the idea of amazing donuts, but don’t know where to go/ what to order. I used to like bear claws but I guess they’re not technically donuts? Haven’t had one in a while.
  • jgnatca
    jgnatca Posts: 14,464 Member
    Options
    Every time I’ve tried to compensate after the fact it didn’t work. I’d be starving through the night and starving in the morning, even more likely to fall off the wagon.

But if I let that doughnut float past me as part of the grand caramel flow of life, the guilt would fade, my calorie deficit would be a little lower for the week and life goes on.
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    Personally I would eat low calorie vegetables for dinner, count it all in, go for a walk and move on! I am so sorry you feel that way but I can relate!
  • FloralLace92
    FloralLace92 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    It’s okay to go over occasionally. Don’t make it a habit is all.
  • PaytraB
    PaytraB Posts: 2,360 Member
    Options
    One day and one donut won't ruin anything.
    Have a decent, balanced dinner and go for an hour's walk today & tomorrow. It'll be close to balancing the donut out. (or jump rope, as suggested above. It'll work the calories off much quicker)
  • SCoil123
    SCoil123 Posts: 2,108 Member
    Options
    I just ate a giant dark chocolate peanut butter cup. Delicious! Worth it! If I felt like I could never indulge and have those treats I would give up.

Just make little adjustments the rest of the week. As long as your weekly deficit stays the same you’re still on track.