54lbs down and half way to goal! Pics

Options
I hit my rock bottom in September. My little girl asked me why I was a circle instead of a rectangle like her and daddy. I realized I needed to do something. I come from a long line overweight family members and I needed to break that cycle. My father died of a massive heart attack at 54 years old. I just lost my uncle 2 weeks ago. Both overweight. I need to be here for my children and teach them what a healthy lifestyle looks like. I contemplated weight loss surgery. I even went to a seminar. It was going to cost $13,000 out of pocket and I could have potentially ended up with a slew of other problems. I decided I could do it on my own. I joined Farrell’s Extreme Bodyshaping. It’s an awesome gym if you have one near you. Those first 10 weeks sucked. The inches started coming off and I started feeling better. I was disappointed that I didnt win that first session. I seriously thought I had it in the bag since I was so much heavier than everyone else. I shook it off and thought to myself “That’s okay. I have many more 10 week sessions to win the $1000.” I also signed up for the year long National Challenge. I have to tell myself regularly that this is a forever change. I can’t bust *kitten* for 10 weeks and then go back to the way things were before. I just finished my second 10 week session. I’m now down 54lbs from the start but I’m really only half the way to my goal. I’m just as determined now if not even more so than I was 5 months ago. Like everyone else I want it all off NOW but that’s not how it works. I average 1 1/2-2lb lost a week. That will slow down the closer to my goal I get. I also live. I eat ice cream and pizza as long as I can fit it into my macros/calories. I’ve had a few events that I just couldn’t track my food. I ate like crap and drank like a fish. You can’t avoid times like that but you bet your *kitten* I was right back at it the next day with no guilt. It’s so great seeing everyone work so hard towards their goals. Time is going to pass no matter what, so whether it takes 6 months, a year or 3 years don’t give up.

SW: 286
CW: 232
GW: 175

Replies

• incircles_lp2
    incircles_lp2 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You are such an inspiration! My story is similar to yours and it gives me some hope that I can get there too! You look AMAZING by the way! The muscle tone is really coming through!
  • XxQueenMxX
    XxQueenMxX Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Good job!
  • sportychic87
    sportychic87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Yeah! You look awesome! Great job :)
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Kids will let you know things need to change lol, they can be so brutal without knowing it.

Anyways congrats on the loss, esp not going with the surgery. My mom had surgery and it worked great but lots of food makes her sick and the farts are beyond toxic.
  • mojonah
    mojonah Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Congrats. Great success story.
  • fatty_cakezxoxo
    fatty_cakezxoxo Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Awesome job !!! You look literally 10 years younger now !! I'm. Sure your family is proud :wink:
  • caaaath
    caaaath Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Wow, that's an amazing difference in body shape. Good on you for sticking with it!
  • donharkrn
    donharkrn Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Brand new person! Congratulations!
  • jowen54
    jowen54 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Wow so inspiring, and tips for toning arms and stomach? Because you look great!
  • juliegilburd
    juliegilburd Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    Great progress!!
  • Mountainlove
    Mountainlove Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That is so inspiring!! Keep it up.
  • isign17
    isign17 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am SO inspired by you!! We're weight loss twins, I think. I started at 285, am currently at 245, and my goal weight is 175-180. You've given me a great visual goal!! I'd love to be connected here on My Fitness Pal, so friend me if you see this! :) By the way - how tall are you? I'm expecting you are taller than the average like me. I'm 5'10" and was like 180 on my wedding day, which is pretty thin for me. My rambling is now done - Congrats!! :)
  • ColoradoBringItOn
    ColoradoBringItOn Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I think we are sisters from another mother. Our starting weight is almost exact and our goal is the same. I too did Farrell's and thought I was going to win the whole thing. I lost 41 pounds in those 10 weeks and at the finale party they gave me a certificate saying I lost the most weight ever at their location in 10 weeks and I lost the most inches. I didn't win the 1000 dollars because in the end it's a marketing promo and I didn't have abs yet because I had too much weight to lose. It crushed me but I stuck with it. I signed up for the year long contest and about 2 months in I quit due to a move an hour away. I wasn't able to go to Farrell's due to location so I gained all 50 pounds I lost right back. Now I'm back at it again with a personal trainer and we do a lot of crossfit type exercises and I do tabata 3 times a week and just bought a concept 2 rower machine for home. I'm down 25 pounds and have 75 left. I'm going to make it ALL the way this time and hit that 175 pound goal. I'd love to follow your journey. It's crazy how similar our journey's have been. Good luck!
  • ekim2016
    ekim2016 Posts: 1,199 Member
    Options
    Very inspirational.. kudos to you for your makeover and lifestyle upgrades....
  • Morglem
    Morglem Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!
  • YadaYadaYada64
    YadaYadaYada64 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    You were very pretty even at your SW - looking foxy!
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,582 Member
    Options
    Good work!
  • krissywashington79
    krissywashington79 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    isign17 wrote: »
    I am SO inspired by you!! We're weight loss twins, I think. I started at 285, am currently at 245, and my goal weight is 175-180. You've given me a great visual goal!! I'd love to be connected here on My Fitness Pal, so friend me if you see this! :) By the way - how tall are you? I'm expecting you are taller than the average like me. I'm 5'10" and was like 180 on my wedding day, which is pretty thin for me. My rambling is now done - Congrats!! :)

Thanks! I sent you a friend request. I’m 5’10” too! I was 175 for about a week before I got pregnant with my son. I was a size 10. I got down to about 190 before the second one came along. Done having babies! I’m definitely ready to get back to that size. We can do this!
  • krissywashington79
    krissywashington79 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    jowen54 wrote: »
    Wow so inspiring, and tips for toning arms and stomach? Because you look great!

@jowen54 Kickboxing! It helps tone both. I also use resistance bands for strength training and a weighted ball for sit-ups and crunches.
  • amyn73
    amyn73 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! I loved your story and I appreciate you sharing. Sometimes we have moments when we realize a hard truth. Those moments suck. But you made the best turn around I’ve seen in a long time. Congratulations on your progress!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!