missysippy930 Posts: 2,577 Member
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs

i do love those

Not a strict vegetarian?

Beans
    Hummus

vegetarian not vegan. ever tried garlic hummus? i’ve only tried red pepper

Love roasted garlic hummus. Pretty easy to make. There are a lot of recipes out there. I tried a beet hummus too, but didn't really like it as well. I like red pepper too. I usually add red pepper flakes to the store bought hummus. Black bean hummus is good as well.

• sschauer513
    sschauer513 Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Eat Guilt Free Brownies and low cal cheese cake is freaking awesome community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10500016/low-calorie-protein-cheesecake/p1
  • AngryViking1970
    AngryViking1970 Posts: 2,847 Member
    Options
    Vegetarian...

Edamame
    string cheese
    HB eggs
    roasted chick peas
    ants on a log
    Greek yogurt
  • chasityhall99
    chasityhall99 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    solieco1 wrote: »
    If you need a convenience bar occasionally the Skratch are good.
    i’ll have to try it thanks!!

• Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,507 Member
    Options
    jjpptt2 wrote: »
    Lot of subjectiveness to your question, but I'm going to go with...

Beef jerky.

I once purchased beef jerky.

.... however it required refinancing our home to afford it.

Love the stuff.... Perky Turkey Jerky is great too.
  • BobBonomo
    BobBonomo Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Eggs. Hard boiled and/or scrambled. Protein bars.
  • chasityhall99
    Options
    Hard boiled eggs

i do love those

Not a strict vegetarian?

Beans
    Hummus

vegetarian not vegan. ever tried garlic hummus? i’ve only tried red pepper

Love roasted garlic hummus. Pretty easy to make. There are a lot of recipes out there. I tried a beet hummus too, but didn't really like it as well. I like red pepper too. I usually add red pepper flakes to the store bought hummus. Black bean hummus is good as well.

you’re awesome thank you so much i felt hesitant on the garlic but i’ll definitely have to try it!!
  • chasityhall99
    Options
    Eat Guilt Free Brownies and low cal cheese cake is freaking awesome community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10500016/low-calorie-protein-cheesecake/p1
    ahhh i love cheesecake
  • aokoye
    aokoye Posts: 3,495 Member
    Options
    I'm shocked at how much I like RX Bars considering that I generally like dates or bars with dates as the first ingredient. They also have 12g of protein. The main downside for me is that they're expensive. I also like Kind Bars.
  • lynn_glenmont
    lynn_glenmont Posts: 10,020 Member
    Options
    plain Greek yogurt with cheddar cheese powder stirred in

cottage cheese with cheddar cheese powder and/or grated parmesan mixed in, with a little ground black pepper and/or hot sauce if you like

plain Greek yogurt with defatted peanut meal (e.g., PB2, although I prefer a brand that doesn't add sugar, because I use it in savory dishes)

plain Greek yogurt with unsweetened cocoa powder mixed in, plus sugar or artificial sweetener in whatever amount you like (personally, I'm good with none), plus ground chiles, almond extract, vanilla extract for a "mexican" chocolate treat.
  • Marilyn0924
    Marilyn0924 Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    I make egg muffins at the beginning of the week, loaded with veggies and they freeze well and reheat in a jiffy.
    Also make my weekly protein bagels (10g protein @152 cal)...with a slice of cheese, you get a great protein boost!
    https://www.skinnytaste.com/easy-bagel-recipe/
  • goldthistime
    goldthistime Posts: 3,214 Member
    Options
    Cottage cheese has been mentioned a couple times already but I just want to say that it's made a big difference for me lately. The protein/calorie ratio of fat free cottage cheese is much better than a steak and even better than a skinless boneless chicken breast. It's one of the cheapest sources too. I add berries and some Splenda but there's tons of ways to prepare it.