Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

New Start

Been absent from here for a couple of years. Was care giver for my elderly parents, especially my mom. She passed last June 2017 after finally succumbing to a long battle with Alzheimers. A very heartbreaking disease that effects the entire family. I am now moved in with my elderly dad and taking care of him. He has dementia bad himself and will be 95 in July. Its a tough road and was very easy for me to get off of here and gain back the 27 pounds i lost and then some. I am a stress eater. So i'm giving it another whirl. I am also a diabetic so I have to lose the weight. Don't think I'll be able to log in everyday though. Thanks for listening to me. I'm 60 years old, single, and I live in Waco, TX. I could use some friends on here because it does help, especially for support and swapping recipes.

Replies

• Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Welcome back! I sent you a FR.
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,585 Member
    welcome back!
  • denisebme
    denisebme Posts: 103 Member
    welcome back!! I totally understand. I gained 40 pounds when my dad was dying. I spent all my time taking care of him and my family, along the way, I forgot to take care of me.
  • sophieterz
    sophieterz Posts: 10 Member
    You can do it! Believe in yourself :)
  • dknight36
    dknight36 Posts: 182 Member
    Welcome back! Let's get it!
  • LilyRMo
    LilyRMo Posts: 2 Member
    Been absent from here for a couple of years. Was care giver for my elderly parents, especially my mom. She passed last June 2017 after finally succumbing to a long battle with Alzheimers. A very heartbreaking disease that effects the entire family. I am now moved in with my elderly dad and taking care of him. He has dementia bad himself and will be 95 in July. Its a tough road and was very easy for me to get off of here and gain back the 27 pounds i lost and then some. I am a stress eater. So i'm giving it another whirl. I am also a diabetic so I have to lose the weight. Don't think I'll be able to log in everyday though. Thanks for listening to me. I'm 60 years old, single, and I live in Waco, TX. I could use some friends on here because it does help, especially for support and swapping recipes.

• chuck6w
    chuck6w Posts: 72 Member
    Welcome Back! You got this!