Road Trip

Options
TROUBLE2
TROUBLE2 Posts: 6,660
So, a friend and I are embarking on a long trip this weekend since we both have monday off of work, and I just remembered that my "Friend" suffers from Carcolepsy... meaning when he gets into a car 15 minutes later hes passed out... it happened when we were in college together we drove down to spring break and he slept 80-85% of the trip, I drove straight from Chicago to Florida non-stop... practially alone...

he had me fooled earlier this week when he was stating that he was all hyped up and ready to go, and he was going to drive the first half of the trip... now i am thinking he will be asking me to drive 20 minutes into the trip...

does this happen to anyone else? get suckered into driving everyone because they get tired when they are in a car?

Replies

• TROUBLE2
    Options
    So, a friend and I are embarking on a long trip this weekend since we both have monday off of work, and I just remembered that my "Friend" suffers from Carcolepsy... meaning when he gets into a car 15 minutes later hes passed out... it happened when we were in college together we drove down to spring break and he slept 80-85% of the trip, I drove straight from Chicago to Florida non-stop... practially alone...

he had me fooled earlier this week when he was stating that he was all hyped up and ready to go, and he was going to drive the first half of the trip... now i am thinking he will be asking me to drive 20 minutes into the trip...

does this happen to anyone else? get suckered into driving everyone because they get tired when they are in a car?
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options
    I don't mind driving..........I'll come with :smokin:
  • TROUBLE2
    Options

three questions

1. how fast do you drive?
    2. how many "potty breaks" per 100 miles do you require
    3. how comfortable are you with a dude sleeping in the car while you drive?
  • 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    My husband is the same way. Coming home from the freakin' grocery store, he passes out in the car! Good luck to you! It's a long drive when there's no one there to talk to!
  • heather0mc
    heather0mc Posts: 4,656 Member
    Options
    i'll drive! i love to drive and to even be a passenger on road trips! i just drove 9 hours from NM to TX and only stopped once! i am a total road trippin fool! crazy i tell ya!

where are you going?
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    I always end up being the one driving!! :laugh: :laugh:

The day before Thanksgiving, I drove 3 hours in traffic into Manhattan to pick up my hubby to then drive out to PA......when I got into the city..he says "I slept very little last night and am tired, can you keep driving?"

I felt like John Candy in The Great Outdoors when he ate that huge steak and then is told he has to eat the gristle!! And he starts crying and trying to get away!:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

But I did it!!! And had some spiked egg nog once we got to my MIL's!! :drinker: :drinker:
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options

three questions

I want to come along too......1) I generally drive 30-40 mph over the speed limit, 2) Only need to potty every 4-6 hours 3) have had lots of experience with passed out dudes in the car while driving. Do I pass the test??:bigsmile:
  • kellch
    kellch Posts: 7,849 Member
    Options

three questions

1. I drive 80-90 on the way to work :smokin:
    2.I can hold it with the best of them.:drinker: (We drive from SC to OH(about 600 miles)...I would only stop once but the fiance wants to stop for food alot :grumble: )
    3.I don't care who sleeps while I drive :smokin: Actually I prefer it....:bigsmile: As long as it's ok for the radio to be loud :drinker: (and you don't mind me singing with it) :laugh: (the fiance talks my ear off then gets grumpy cuz he's tired I try to get him to sleep but he won't :grumble: :explode: :laugh: )

The End. th_smalldancingman.gif
  • heather0mc
    Options
    pick me! pick me!
  • alifelessevident
    Options

I have that problem of falling asleep in a car on the interstate- i literally get narcoleptic, i can be mid sentence and ZZZZZZZZZZ...... sucks cause i like to drive, and i feel bad about it, but i've nearly killed myself and some friends because of it so i refuse to drive on the interstate for a lengthy period of time... i found this out with a friend of mine- we drove from florida to cape cod straight through, luckily we didn't get in any wrecks- but i do remember waking up at the wheel, wondering why the sun was rising already and where all the traffic came from :indifferent:
  • LightenUp_Caro
    LightenUp_Caro Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    I'm usually the driver because no one else can stay awake...I'll let other people drive for a while but once they start to swerve, I'm back behind the wheel.

But I'm really good at getting us there promptly, so I'll take it.
  • TROUBLE2
    Options
    i'll drive! i love to drive and to even be a passenger on road trips! i just drove 9 hours from NM to TX and only stopped once! i am a total road trippin fool! crazy i tell ya!

where are you going?

Colorado, SKI TRIP!!!

I can not wait... one day ski trip, I am bringing my Air card so I can feed my MFP addiction :)
    and YES you can come too, I like CRaZy...
  • TROUBLE2
    Options
    I want to come along too......1) I generally drive 30-40 mph over the speed limit, 2) Only need to potty every 4-6 hours 3) have had lots of experience with passed out dudes in the car while driving. Do I pass the test??:bigsmile:

YOU PASS! can you fit in the back of a Nissan Pathfinder?
  • TROUBLE2
    Options

three questions

1. I drive 80-90 on the way to work :smokin:
    2.I can hold it with the best of them.:drinker: (We drive from SC to OH(about 600 miles)...I would only stop once but the fiance wants to stop for food alot :grumble: )
    3.I don't care who sleeps while I drive :smokin: Actually I prefer it....:bigsmile: As long as it's ok for the radio to be loud :drinker: (and you don't mind me singing with it) :laugh: (the fiance talks my ear off then gets grumpy cuz he's tired I try to get him to sleep but he won't :grumble: :explode: :laugh: )

The End. th_smalldancingman.gif

If you can pee in a gatorade bottle youre HIRED!!! no just kidding i dont want any pee in my Truck... lol
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options

I surely can and since you are so graciously allowing me to come along I will bring my HK 45 and if you are very very nice I will even let you shoot it. :bigsmile:
  • Blue50
    Blue50 Posts: 11
    Options
    When I die I want to go peacefully in my sleep like my Grandfather.
    Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car!

Seriously! Safe trip!
  • heather0mc
    Options

where are you going?

Colorado, SKI TRIP!!!

I can not wait... one day ski trip, I am bringing my Air card so I can feed my MFP addiction :)
    and YES you can come too, I like CRaZy...

SAAAA-WEET! i have some trick skis i can bring. i borrowed them from a friend about 4 years ago and forgot to give them back! did i use them? heck no! im a bunny slopes kinda girl. maybe the greens. tall and uncordinated is CrAzY!!!!
  • Elita
    Elita Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hey im in Denver CO? where are you skiing???
  • happenstance82
    Options
    I drove from FL to WA!!!
  • TROUBLE2
    Options

I surely can and since you are so graciously allowing me to come along I will bring my HK 45 and if you are very very nice I will even let you shoot it. :bigsmile:

SCORE!!!