I took water for granted so bad!!

Options
I just can't believe the impact drinking water has had on me! I've lost 5 pounds in the last week and I know it's because I've finally started drinking water! Can't wait to see results when I start adding in excercise soon!

I've gone from drinking pop as my only drink to 3L (12glasses) of water a day. And I'm gunna continue doing that for as long as I can! I can't see changes phyiscally yet but I've so much more energy within 3 days of starting it.

So often I took my thirst for hunger and ate to get it to go away - I regret that now! Water is my new god. If only I realised this a few years ago! But drinking 3L is my mini challange every day and now I'm starting to crave it, I actually want it!

I will recommened it forever to anyone who ever asks me now. Can't belive one of the most natural drinks in the world is the one that I left behind!

Just wanted to share my joy! Drink up everyone! Although I'm sure you do already!

Replies

• SueGeer
    SueGeer Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Found a great app called 'Waterlogged' a few weeks ago......since then there's only been one day I haven't made my water goal! Managing at least 64 oz a day :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Sue :smile: x
  • lisanxd
    lisanxd Posts: 93
    Options
    Not to mention it makes your skin look great!!
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    Drinking water has helped me lose 45 pounds, get softer smoother skin, have more energy... I can't say enough good things about drinking lots of water every day!!!!! I'm even more regular in the bathroom, and that's always a good thing!!!!

Keep it up! I've been doing it for over a year and I see no reason to slow down!
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    Options
    good for you. that baby is way to precious btw :)
  • janicelandrum
    Options
    thank you! I've been remiss in water-drinking. I don't have babies any longer, so I can exercise easily and stay below my calorie count, but have been surprised that I haven't lost more. I will make an effort to DRINK!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    It's not JUST the water that did it.... its the LACK of soda.
    There are a million calorie free options you could be drinking that would help too :)
    Just saying.....for people like me who don't like plain water at all... you still need to stay hydrated but not with stuff full of calories and sugar....
  • laurad1406
    laurad1406 Posts: 341
    Options
    same, i used to drink diet coke religiously, I stopped cold turkey almost 3 months ago and just started CHUGGING water! After I got passed the initial headache (:frown: ) I felt a million times better!!! Now I actually crave water and LOVE it.
  • gel91
    gel91 Posts: 309
    Options
    Thank you memp!! :)

And yep I know pop helped the fact, I'm still on around anything from 1-4 cans a day but nothing really to what I was drinking! I was lucky I swapped to diet pop ages ago so I don't have many cravings now! I hated water too but I just carried on and now I quite like it.

Isn't there something that says it takes 15 trys to like something? Because your tastebuds adjust, I don't know if thats true though! But I've heard it somewhere before!
  • shellymm28
    Options
    Awesome!! I too have the same issue with drinking soda every meal!! Good Luck!!
  • DawnWendalynn1973
    DawnWendalynn1973 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I love drinking water. I have not always been great at getting what I should each day in....but since joining MFP it has been something I work to do each day.

I agree with the benefits of drinking water. That is a big factor in my continuing to drink it.

Also, pop, whether regular or diet of some kind, makes you bloated. Once the pop is out of your system, you will shrink a bit just from that.

Cheers to finding a great new drink!!