New Start

Options
Been absent from here for a couple of years. Was care giver for my elderly parents, especially my mom. She passed last June 2017 after finally succumbing to a long battle with Alzheimers. A very heartbreaking disease that effects the entire family. I am now moved in with my elderly dad and taking care of him. He has dementia bad himself and will be 95 in July. Its a tough road and was very easy for me to get off of here and gain back the 27 pounds i lost and then some. I am a stress eater. So i'm giving it another whirl. I am also a diabetic so I have to lose the weight. Don't think I'll be able to log in everyday though. Thanks for listening to me. I'm 60 years old, single, and I live in Waco, TX. I could use some friends on here because it does help, especially for support and swapping recipes.

Replies

• Kincar
    Kincar Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! I sent you a FR.
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,583 Member
    Options
    welcome back!
  • denisebme
    denisebme Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    welcome back!! I totally understand. I gained 40 pounds when my dad was dying. I spent all my time taking care of him and my family, along the way, I forgot to take care of me.
  • sophieterz
    sophieterz Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    You can do it! Believe in yourself :)
  • dknight36
    dknight36 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Welcome back! Let's get it!
  • LilyRMo
    LilyRMo Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Been absent from here for a couple of years. Was care giver for my elderly parents, especially my mom. She passed last June 2017 after finally succumbing to a long battle with Alzheimers. A very heartbreaking disease that effects the entire family. I am now moved in with my elderly dad and taking care of him. He has dementia bad himself and will be 95 in July. Its a tough road and was very easy for me to get off of here and gain back the 27 pounds i lost and then some. I am a stress eater. So i'm giving it another whirl. I am also a diabetic so I have to lose the weight. Don't think I'll be able to log in everyday though. Thanks for listening to me. I'm 60 years old, single, and I live in Waco, TX. I could use some friends on here because it does help, especially for support and swapping recipes.

• chuck6w
    chuck6w Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Welcome Back! You got this!