Question on Jillian Michaels 30 days shred dvd.

Options
I saw a lot of people using this dvd in their exercise regime. I'm interested in using this but I have a question about this.

1.Does Jillian use gym equipments? I only have treadmill and 4 pounds dumbbell at home and going to gym is not an option for me because my time schedule is quite tight and I can only exercise at home. Buying any extra is also quite costly and I can't afford buying any.

Please reply as soon as possible. I'm thinking of purchasing online, so I need to know right away. Thanks!!!

Replies

• lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    You just need hand weights. I also use a yoga mat because my floors are hard, but it's not absolutely necessary.
  • ItsMeLori
    ItsMeLori Posts: 346
    Options
    Nope she uses just weights.... I had 3 pound ones but I could have used 5 pounds for some of the exercises.

Good Luck!
  • gel91
    gel91 Posts: 309
    Options
    Just dumbbells as far as I hear, hope so anyway! As I ordered it this morning!
  • BRANDYLYNETTE
    BRANDYLYNETTE Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I was thinking of the same thing. I got on youtube yesterday and there are CLIPS of the 30 day shred!!!! It showed her using the small hand weights etc. Take a peek!!!! I realized I could make myself do that....and the DVD is only $10 over at Wal Mart! Look it up on Youtube....that way you will know what you are getting yourself into. I plan to buy one this weekend. : ) Good Luck!
  • butterfly0819
    Options
    And the easiest way to get around buying weights is to use cans of vegetables for it. Hope this helps!!
  • Crazyoddball
    Crazyoddball Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    you only need a yoga mat if you are working on a hard surface and maybe buy yourself some 3lbs dumbells cuz i dont know what your strength level if not stick with the 4lbs ones. the work out is only 27mins each. great video choice for people who dont have a lot of time to work out.
  • jagoochie
    jagoochie Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    you could always used filled up water bottle sor tins of beans for weight resistnace - not as great as actual weights but it adds a bit of extra weight!
  • LovingMe19
    LovingMe19 Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    All you need is a set of handweights and a mat if your floors are hard. Good luck! I love her DVD's!
  • NotGoddess
    NotGoddess Posts: 1,198 Member
    Options
    If your floor is hard, get something to use as a cushion, but other than that you just need hand weights. I started with 3 and 5lb weights and progressed up to using 8lb for some parts in level 3 (and was still using the 3lb for the jumping jacks).
  • allenlisa
    Options
    Yes, just weights. I own it. You should check out the beachbody programs. They have P90X, Insanity & Turbo Fire. Awesome stuff, I highly recommend them! I'm also a coach for Beachbody so if you need any info, support or even motivation I can help! :bigsmile:
  • jbdowns35
    jbdowns35 Posts: 352
    Options
    Yeah - what everybody else said. Definately buy it!! I love it.
  • babychoose
    babychoose Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! Such prompt replies!!! Thanks everyone! Yes, I got a free yoga mat with my treadmill and I think I can use my younger brother's 2 pounds dumbbells if I want to. Gonna 'borrow' it from him. ;) And those vegetable cans and water bottles are definitely genius. It really cleared my doubt. I know it's like $10, that's why I'm considering it's a worthy investment for me. I hope it will help in my weight loss. Thank you ssoooooo much for the reply!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Chicka_Boom
    Options
    I enjoyed doing her workouts - they're quick but intense, and once you finish doing the 30 days you can do them in rotation if you want to keep it up (like week 1 on Monday, week 2 on Tuesday, etc.) Have you looked at the newer DVD, Ripped in 30? It has 4 workouts instead of 3 and I enjoyed doing it.

To answer your question (although everyone else already has) all you need are hand weights. What you have will work fine, and you'll probably want to buy some heavier weights as you get stronger. I started with 3 lb, then moved to 5, then 8, and now I mostly use 10. A yoga mat is nice, especially if you're on a hardwood floor (I don't like sweating all over my carpet either!) but a gym towel works fine. When I was moving and couldn't find my weights I used empty wine bottles that I filled with water and recorked - ha! (Water bottles would work as well if you aren't a lush like me.)

Good luck & have fun!
  • babychoose
    babychoose Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I enjoyed doing her workouts - they're quick but intense, and once you finish doing the 30 days you can do them in rotation if you want to keep it up (like week 1 on Monday, week 2 on Tuesday, etc.) Have you looked at the newer DVD, Ripped in 30? It has 4 workouts instead of 3 and I enjoyed doing it.

To answer your question (although everyone else already has) all you need are hand weights. What you have will work fine, and you'll probably want to buy some heavier weights as you get stronger. I started with 3 lb, then moved to 5, then 8, and now I mostly use 10. A yoga mat is nice, especially if you're on a hardwood floor (I don't like sweating all over my carpet either!) but a gym towel works fine. When I was moving and couldn't find my weights I used empty wine bottles that I filled with water and recorked - ha! (Water bottles would work as well if you aren't a lush like me.)

Good luck & have fun!

I saw the newer version but I want to try the old one first. When I feel bored with the old one, then I'll buy the new one to entertain myself. I have a bad history of breaking things. so wine bottle won't work, I can even break the hardest glass easily. I think I'll just stick with plain old water bottles. Thanks for the suggestions. :)