Dieting with a cold.....

Options
kroe4
kroe4 Posts: 111 Member
Hello every one! I just started my weight loss journey a little over 3 weeks ago, now of course I feel a cold coming on. What is your tips for when your feeling under the weather to keep from eating all those comfort foods?? Right now I have a sore throat, I have been completely off pop (soda, whatever you like to call it) for 3 weeks now but I can't help but think about how a nice cold Coca-Cola would soothe my sore throat. LOL help me!!

Replies

• YvetteK2015
    YvetteK2015 Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    Why don't you get diet coke?
  • senorajoselina
    senorajoselina Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hot or cold unsweet tea...
  • ThinGoldLineNS
    ThinGoldLineNS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I am just starting to recover from a bad cold as well. When I'm sick, my tastebuds are affected so I wouldn't be able to really enjoy a slice of pizza. It's easier to stay on track. Oh, and green tea with honey was a real life saver! (ultimate throat soother)
  • kroe4
    kroe4 Posts: 111 Member
    Options

I've been off the caffeine for so long I'm afraid to go back! lol
  • mram3582
    mram3582 Posts: 2,482 Member
    Options
    don't drink the Nyquil it has 93 calories and 13grams of sugar for one oz vs. straight up rum which has 65 calories per oz and does a better job of knocking you out!
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,136 Member
    Options
    kroe4 wrote: »

I've been off the caffeine for so long I'm afraid to go back! lol

Get the caffeine free stuff?
  • Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    mram3582 wrote: »
    don't drink the Nyquil it has 93 calories and 13grams of sugar for one oz vs. straight up rum which has 65 calories per oz and does a better job of knocking you out!

hmm...thanks for the tip!!
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    There are caffeine free, sugar free sodas out there. I find them soothing when I have a sore throat. And while you'll hear some disagreement here, I figure it is one serving of liquid that keeps me from getting dehydrated. So drink lots of water, have a soda, drink some hot tea with honey and lemon (soothing) and maybe a shot of Jim Beam, and your cold will be more tolerable. Get well soon!
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Options
    Diet popsicles are great for sore throats, no caffeine. Or try ones made with real fruit for the vitamin boost. Feel better soon!