Doe's MFP adjust you protein?

Options
My question is in the title....

My daily goal is 90g

When I exercise it changes, does MFP adjust this automatically?

Should I eat them? (not MFP obviously! lol )

Replies

• fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    mfp's macro suggestions are based on a % of calories so it will change if you exercise (or if you exercise enough to be granted additional calories to eat, I should say).
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    MFP is set up in a way that you are meant to eat back any additional calories burned through intentional exercise as exercise isn't factored into your calorie goal.

As a result of your calorie intake increasing your macro grams have to increase proportionally.
  • sarahcoles1905
    sarahcoles1905 Posts: 9 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    MFP is set up in a way that you are meant to eat back any additional calories burned through intentional exercise as exercise isn't factored into your calorie goal.

As a result of your calorie intake increasing your macro grams have to increase proportionally.
    fuzzylop72 wrote: »
    mfp's macro suggestions are based on a % of calories so it will change if you exercise (or if you exercise enough to be granted additional calories to eat, I should say).

Thank you, yes i was aware i should eat a proportion of them, i just couldn't work out why my protein for yesterday was saying more than i expected, i thought i had input something wrong, i did a lot of activity yesterday so that now explains it :)

• ap1972
    ap1972 Posts: 214 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    ap1972 wrote: »

The thing is though that MFP only calculates your Macros based on your calorie goal before exercise, it doesn't increase your carbs, fats & protein proportionally so you are likely to go over their targets when eating back calories

The protein target should be seen as a minimum really so not sure why that's a problem and it's still in the same ratio.
  • fuzzylop72
    fuzzylop72 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    ap1972 wrote: »
    The thing is though that MFP only calculates your Macros based on your calorie goal before exercise, it doesn't increase your carbs, fats & protein proportionally so you are likely to go over their targets when eating back calories

It always has for me (unless I set a target in grams, which I think might only be in premium).