breakfast ideas? Help!

Options
I seriously have to FORCE myself to eat breakfast... Never have been one to eat breakfast, and still not. So usually I will eat some yogurt or something that I don't have to "chew" to much and can just get it down. Is eating yogurt enough? Or do I need to eat something else with it? Any advice/ideas would be super helpfull! Thanks in advance!

Replies

• LeeLynnP
    LeeLynnP Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    Shakeology Shakes have saved me from forcing myself to eat breakfast. Chocolate milkshakes with different recipe variations! YUM!
    Message me if you are interested...
  • kkova811
    kkova811 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I usually try for at least 300 calories for breakfast just so I know its somewhat substantial. My go-to is honey nut cheerios, 1% milk, and a banana.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    I do protein shakes or take stuff with me so that I can eat a little later and not make myself sick. Try the mug eggs and the old stand by of peanut butter toast. :)
  • armacd
    armacd Posts: 95
    Options
    I believe that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and because of that I would say that yogurt is not enough to start your day off right. Have you considered a smoothie or meal replacement shake? At least that way you can add in some additional nutrients. Some mornings I'll make a smoothie and add in yogurt, almond milk, frozen strawberries, half of a banana, some protien powder and flax seed. Maybe give something like that a try.

Ashlee
  • mystiedragonfly
    mystiedragonfly Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Add some fruit and/or granola to the yogurt. Something with healthy carbs for energy. Other than that, yogurt is a very good breakfast actually.

P.S. I do protein shakes usually.
  • sportsforfun
    Options
    Try mixing some fresh fruits with your yogurt and that should be enough especially if you can try to eat something small for a brunch meal as well. Having a glass of lowfat milk is also a good way to add a few healthy calories.
  • I_GoT_ThIs
    I_GoT_ThIs Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys, i'll try those. At least I can switch it up a bit.. Thanks!
  • lynn1982
    lynn1982 Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    On days when I'm not hungry for breakfast, I just have a piece of toast with peanut butter or a yogurt. However, I then eat a morning "snack," which is more like the rest of my breakfast.
  • mdagenb
    mdagenb Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I like to add fruit to my yogurt to mix up the taste a bit, like grapes/pineapples. Also, it sounds kind of wierd but its really good...if you add yogurt and oatmeal together. Wait for the oatmeal to cool down a bit and mix the two togehter. Sooo good! add some blueberries or banana too.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Greek yogurt is great - lots of protein. Don't worry - it's a good start. You could pack a couple of mid morning snacks - granola, whole grain crackers, hard boiled egg or a low fat cheese stick.
  • I_GoT_ThIs
    Options
    That makes sense. Usually when I do eat something for breakfast, I feel hungrier throughout the day. Where as if I skip breakfast, usually i'm not as hungry, and sometimes will skip lunch, then at dinner time i'm STARVING and stuff my face. So that's what i'm trying to avoid. It's soo much easier to just eat crap whenever your hungry. Which is why I am here. :) I can do this. Just have got to get it down 100 %
  • I_GoT_ThIs
    Options
    The oatmeal and yogurt....Will definately try that one!
  • Inlet
    Inlet Posts: 135
    Options
    I throw a bit of ice, 1/2 cup yogurt, 1/2 cup frozen fruit, a tiny dash of sweetnlow, and an egg into the blender and go. Its light, full of protein, b vitamins (from the egg yolk), vitamin c, and calcium and is easy to get down early in the morning, (for me, at least).
    Hope you find something that works!
    Ps... A little canned apricot is incredible in smoothies!
  • MissMaryMac33
    MissMaryMac33 Posts: 1,433 Member
    Options
    Yogurt IS enough if you're using the GOOD stuff.... if the label says "greek yogurt" but it has more sugar than protein, you bought the wrong stuff :) There are tons of things you add to good greek yogurt that will keep you fulll all morning. My top 3 breaksfasts because I'm lazy and I don't like to cook in the morning:

1. Greek Yogurt (Fage 0% Total with PB2 and SF banana pudding, flax seeds, walnuts)
    2. Protein Shakes! (good whey protein isolate, coffee, hazelnut creamer and lots of ice..better than starbucks)
    3. Overnight Oats (mix of steel cut, quinoa, cinnamon, chocolate protein powder, greek yogurt, soy milk, walnuts..whatever i have)
  • PJoy6
    PJoy6 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I think eating a yogurt is perfectly acceptable.

I started mixing Yogurt & Cottage Cheese together in equal proportions back when I was doing Body for Life (see book). Different yogurts give you different flavors, the LF cottage cheese adds that good protein we all need.

It sounded gross at first to me, but now I eat it all the time.
  • 1PBS1
    1PBS1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Egg white omelete with fresh spinach. Excellent protein.
  • tladame
    tladame Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    If you want something that's easy to eat (that you don't have to chew), I also would recommend a smoothie. My favorite is a chocolate-raspberry smoothie, which is 1/2 cup nonfat milk, 6 oz. fat free vanilla yogurt, 1 cup frozen strawberries, and 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (good fat!) mixed in the blender. It's around 400 calories, and puts me in a really happy mood...must be the chocolate. =)

There are so many great smoothie / shake options out there, it's so simple to blend it, then grab & go.
  • Kellyanne822
    Kellyanne822 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I like to put flax seeds in my yougurt. It ads a few extra calories and good fats, plus its so good for you! I like smoothies for breakfast too! I use 1 cup of 1% milk, 1 cup of vanilla yogurt, and 1 cup of fruit. Quick and delicious.
  • Ruchell
    Ruchell Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I second everyone who's said to maybe try shakes and and to add fruit to your oatmeal. You could also add some Fiber One cereal to your yogurt. Makes it kind of like it's got granola in it and its very filling and will help keep you full.

Also I've gotten myself a couple of the books from Hungry Girl and she has lots of easy ideas for breakfast (different oatmeals, yogurt parfaits, egg mugs) with lots of variations so you don't get bored.