Thyroid Issues

Options
Grrr. So frustrating! I was on the verge of getting my body back and my thyroid freaks out! Feeling helpless and hopeless :(

Replies

• jlg05001
    jlg05001 Posts: 21
    Options
    What do you mean it freaks out? I have thyroid problems too. Are you on medication?
  • hyde1977
    hyde1977 Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I would be interested in hearing what the issues are as well. I have had a Thyroid problem since I was 21.

When I decided to finally get off my *kitten* and start doing something about weight, I just went to get blood work done and have gone every 8 weeks to have it checked again just to make sure my levels are good.

Personally my Thyroid has had no issues on helping me to lose the weight that I gained! Once I stopped blaming it :-) I had an excuse for everything!

I think I was the queen of excuses.....
  • kls79
    kls79 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have the WORST thyroid ever!! I'm on 350 mcg if synthroid!!! My weight loss is harder but it is happening ;) What seems to be the issue?
  • GG70
    GG70 Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    I have a hypothyroid too... and I just had bloodwork done.. results tomorrow.. I have been busting my *kitten* for 8 weeks.. eating portions sizes of whole foods.. juicing organic veggies.. drinking ONLY water.. working out 5 days per week at 40 -60 minutes each time.. I lost only 11 lbs in 8 weeks!!! The frustration is OFF the CHARTS!!! I am hoping my thyroid is off so at least there is a reason and then a solution of tweaking my synthroid! I understand you.. you are NOT ALONE in this.. it is so hard sometimes when we put so much into our health and fitness and then no results. my stomach has only lost 1 inch in the 8 weeks!!
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I have a hypothyroid too... and I just had bloodwork done.. results tomorrow.. I have been busting my *kitten* for 8 weeks.. eating portions sizes of whole foods.. juicing organic veggies.. drinking ONLY water.. working out 5 days per week at 40 -60 minutes each time.. I lost only 11 lbs in 8 weeks!!! The frustration is OFF the CHARTS!!! I am hoping my thyroid is off so at least there is a reason and then a solution of tweaking my synthroid! I understand you.. you are NOT ALONE in this.. it is so hard sometimes when we put so much into our health and fitness and then no results. my stomach has only lost 1 inch in the 8 weeks!!

11 pounds in 8 weeks is nothing to sneeze at. More than a pound per week...That's terrific! :)
  • Chainsaw_Flowerchild
    Options
    My wife had very low energy level a lot of trouble loosing weight. We found out that she needed her thyriod removed and within 2 months of being on the synthetic hormone she was right as rain. Even lost 20lbs because she was able to actually get up and do things. Good luck with yours.
  • Chainsaw_Flowerchild
    Options
    I lost only 11 lbs in 8 weeks!!!

I'm looking at 12 lbs loss in 5 months, so I envy you. Good job on your weight loss.
  • GG70
    Options
    LMarshel & Bbatterson-- THANK YOU!! I guess I have lost weight and gained weight so often in my life that I KNOW MY BODY and I bust my *kitten* and know so well HOW to lose it.. it is just the DOING it.. that becomes the issue.. SO this time around, I got very motivated when some little girl on my kids bus told my son that his "mother is really fat".. I cried that whole night... SO I started doing what I knew to do in a healthy way with lost of working out and then it wasn't coming off and isnt coming off the way I KNOW it SHOULD.. my body has slowed since I turned 40.. I cannot believe how differently it is responding.. SO I guess if I put it in perspective, it is a weight loss and any weight loss is a good loss.. THANK YOU AGAIN! and GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU!!! : )
  • GG70
    Options
    I also have to tell myself that no matter what, time is going by.. so even if it is only 5 lbs/mnth.. in 10 months that is 50lbs!!! SO as long as the scale is going in the right direction, over time you will get to where you need to be!! We just need to make this healthy lifestyle 2nd nature and we are good to go!