8 weeks in and not seeing great results

Options
Hey Guys!

So a little over a year ago I gained about 30 pounds. Thankfully about 6 months ago I lost 20. I took a break from working out and in February decided it was time to get back to my goals. I’m only 5’4. I currently now weigh 129 pounds. However, I still have a thick layer of fat on my lower tummy which I know is the toughest to lose. My arms are also a sore spot as they aren’t as lean as they once were.

I weight train at least 3 times a week, rotating lower and upper, I do cardio twice a week and have two days of low intensity/ rest. My diet is as mindful as I can get. Turkey, chicken, LOTS of veggies. I make sure to get at least 1400 calories in me (more if I’ve worked out) daily.

I’m just not seeing the changes to my body I thought I would. I ignore the scale because I know building muscle totally throws that off. But my tummy, back and arms don’t seem to be losing fat or becoming more toned.

Can anyone give me some advice? I’m trying to be patient and remind myself everyone’s journey is different but 8 weeks with hardly any results is becoming defeating...

Thanks!

Replies

• Kst76
    Kst76 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    bbell1985 wrote: »
    I'm 5'4". Anything below 145lbs comes off at the pace of death for me. Patience. I know it's hard. I really need to listen to my own advice.

haha..! It's easy to preach it but following your own advice is another story.

OP, you are only 129. It's gonna take a while :(
    I am 159ish and it's getting hard now. I can't even imagine how you must feel.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4". Anything below 145lbs comes off at the pace of death for me. Patience. I know it's hard. I really need to listen to my own advice.

Pretty much this. It's going to be slow going with so little to lose.
  • RoxieDawn
    RoxieDawn Posts: 15,488 Member
    Options
    Are you weighing your food using a food scale? Being mindful is good but the overall total calories you are consuming is what dictates fat loss. Fat loss at your current stats is going to be slower.

Do you take measurements? Progress photos?

Patience is key and work with your calorie intake, taking measurements, and use your body weight scale from time to time to help gauge your fat loss efforts.

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1161603/so-you-want-a-nice-stomach/p1

• CarlaPilatzkie2016
    CarlaPilatzkie2016 Posts: 3 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options

Thanks BBell. You look incredible! I’ll keep at it and try not to lose sight of my overall goals.
  • CarlaPilatzkie2016
    CarlaPilatzkie2016 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    btente wrote: »
    Great job eating clean. At a glance though your B12 might be low. Do you supplement? I'd take a deep look at your micronutrients. Perhaps try to get some fish instead of poultry occasionally as well as supplement some flax or chai if you generally eat low fat for Omega-3's. Micronutrient issues, particularly B vitamins, can be a cause of stagnation.

I don’t take any vitamins or supplements. I didn’t want the added expense but maybe that would help boost me up again! If I enjoyed fish I’d love to eat it but I can’t stand it :neutral:
  • JennJ323
    JennJ323 Posts: 646 Member
    Options

Pretty much this. It's going to be slow going with so little to lose.

Yep, what they said. It's taken me since the Fall to go from 128 to 125.. it's sloooooow going.
  • 1houndgal
    1houndgal Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    btente wrote: »
    Great job eating clean. At a glance though your B12 might be low. Do you supplement? I'd take a deep look at your micronutrients. Perhaps try to get some fish instead of poultry occasionally as well as supplement some flax or chai if you generally eat low fat for Omega-3's. Micronutrient issues, particularly B vitamins, can be a cause of stagnation.

I don’t take any vitamins or supplements. I didn’t want the added expense but maybe that would help boost me up again! If I enjoyed fish I’d love to eat it but I can’t stand it :neutral:

Start with a good multiple vitamin and mineral supplement. Jmo
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Two months in isn't enough time to see dramatic results. Try taking photos of yourself from the front, back and sides. Next month do the same poses. Upload PicsArt to your phone. Make a collage of a "before" picture of your front with a more recent photo next to it. Do the same with your back and sides. Oooh and aaahhh over the comparison. It's much easier to see results in photos than in a mirror. True fact.
  • kimny72
    kimny72 Posts: 16,013 Member
    edited March 2018
    Options
    You're already at a healthy weight looking to lose 10 vanity lbs. Get comfortable, cause it's going to take awhile! 8 weeks is nothing, you have to be patient. Core exercises won't help you lose fat and you don't have to eat anything special. Just be patient and consistent, and if you're not using a food scale, get one - it makes a huge difference.

I can't find it because I'm on my phone right now, but hopefully someone can provide a link (or you can try finding it with search) to the So You Want a Nice Stomach thread.

Hang in there and good luck!

ETA: Aha I see RoxieDawn linked to it up thread, it's a great post OP