I am lazy but I have goals dammit

Options
I live in a paradox... I want to look good naked but I have the motivation of a sloth. Regardless of the fact, I am going to attempt a healthier lifestyle and develop some good habits. Would like to connect with other users so I can pull some positive energy from you all and drive myself towards success.

Replies

• cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,015 Member
    Options
    Sloths look pretty good naked...They just eat to match their activity level. :)

Welcome, good luck!
  • RunescapeChic
    RunescapeChic Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I am determined to lose weight and get healthy but the motivation just isn't there LOL
  • Arnoldd88
    Arnoldd88 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Its like you wake up and it's "meh, tomorrow is another day". You actually have excuses to just not be active and eat right. It is easy to be mediocre.
  • jdwils14
    jdwils14 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I am in the same boat. I take it one day at a time, and one goal at a time. Lately, I got off the cigarettes again, so I ate like a cow and had the activity of a cow. Then, once the nicotine was out of my system, I can graze less, so my goal now is to maintain a deficit (fitbit is helping out with that).

Next, it will be a workout goal. 12000 steps is my goal each day for physical activity, but I need to develop a gym routine (for weight training). Maybe next month.
  • WendyJoy76
    WendyJoy76 Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    It's so easy to slip back in the lazy ways...but I'm so proud of myself when I push through and get a good workout in. good luck to you!
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Options
    You might enjoy "The Power of Habit" by Charles Duhigg. Very interesting read and it describes how to form new lasting habits. Motivation comes and goes, (as you seem to know), but it is our habits that really define us.

Good luck.
  • spinnerdell
    spinnerdell Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Fellow sloth here to testify that slow and unsteady really can win the race. It took me five years to lose 70 pounds, and I speed-walk 15 minutes a day, but those less than earth-shaking achievements made me healthier than I've been in a looong time. All the best in reaching your goals.
  • PeteTheGamer2910
    PeteTheGamer2910 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am sort of similiar. Want to lose weight, know how to exercise but work so many days/nights i am usually too knackered to look at a treadmill.
  • kommodevaran
    kommodevaran Posts: 17,890 Member
    Options
    I am sort of similiar. Want to lose weight, know how to exercise but work so many days/nights i am usually too knackered to look at a treadmill.
    You lose weight by eating less, not so much by moving more.
  • sueben04
    sueben04 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    You are hysterical and honest
  • RainaL1987
    RainaL1987 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Exercise feels like my enemy. You're not alone in how you feel.