The Calorie Culprit: Coffee Creamer

124»

Replies

• ashirley695
    ashirley695 Posts: 7 Member
    I second the soy creamer.
    Didn't find other non dairy alternatives, which I know that isn't your goal, to give the same creamy consistency I like. The soy creamer is much more calorie contained, usually doesn't have added junk like most flavored creamers do.
    Also, check out Torani sauces!
  • Angierae75
    Angierae75 Posts: 417 Member
    I use three tablespoons of sugar free french vanilla, but I only have one cup a day. It's worth every calorie to me.
  • ledigpat
    ledigpat Posts: 7 Member
    Suly09 wrote: »
    This!! https://store.skinnymixes.com/sugar-free-salted-caramel-syrup-p566direct.aspx?utm_medium=cse&utm_source=googlebase&gclid=CjwKCAjws6jVBRBZEiwAkIfZ2jEmdT_eaaoYL2-XP1mNUC5dG4qcGJnXZiElH5krwRNFbxgRq6Ug_hoCC14QAvD_BwE
    With almond milk. Delicious. And you dont need much, I just put a cap full in my cup, almond milk and then let the Keurig do its thing and TA-DA.

This sounds amazing!!! I LOVE adding almond milk to my coffee when take it to go. This will be a great way to cut the cream and still have great flavors!!! Thank you so much for the link. Definitely buying a bottle.

• ledigpat
    ledigpat Posts: 7 Member
    Jordan's Skinny Syrups are great!
  • skimninja
    skimninja Posts: 25 Member
    I use coffee creamer powder. I do not like the reduced fat one as it doesn't give the same flavour and isn't much different in the calories.
    Coffee with coffee creamer powder isn't something I'm willing to give up completely.

I have just 1 coffee a day and if I want another one in the afternoon I go for a hot tea instead. If I use a fruit flavoured one I don't add sugar.
  • lucerorojo
    lucerorojo Posts: 790 Member
    kimny72 wrote: »
    lucerorojo wrote: »
    Most of the coffee in the USA is terrible and a lot of Americans don't really like coffee, but milkshakes, IMO. When you have so much creamer that you can't taste the coffee, why bother? Just drink the creamer!

There is literally no way to generalize the coffee drinking tendencies and preferences of the 325 million culturally, ethnically, and economically diverse people in the US. I know more people who drink fresh ground black coffee than who drink super sweet coffee drinks.
    It was a joke but there is truth to it. The creamers and Starbucks would go out if business otherwise!
  • bmeadows380
    bmeadows380 Posts: 2,981 Member
    I don't like the flavor of black coffee - and I don't care if its the good stuff or the cheap stuff. I could easily used 1/2 cup of creamer in the old days; a 16 oz coffee for me was 8 oz coffee, 4 oz creamer or more. I still got my caffeine fix but didn't get the heartburn from straight black coffee later or the aftertaste (yuck!)

I switched to splenda or stevia and milk now - 1/2 cup of milk is 55 calories or 40 if I use skim and I get some protein with my coffee. If I want to lower the calorie load even further, I'll use unsweetened almond milk which is 15 calories for 1/2 cup.

I recently started buying the sugar free flavored syrups and love the french vanilla - it really boosts the flavor of my coffee drink without adding the calories of the regular syrup. I get my caffeine fix without wasting a bunch of calories this way, and its a drink I like!

Even if I have two 16 oz mugs in a day, using milk is only 100 calories and almond milk is only 30 (just make sure the use the unsweetened almond milk; regular can be as many calories as milk in some cases).

• htimpaired
    htimpaired Posts: 1,404 Member
    szkodzt wrote: »
    Nut pods - only 10 cal per Tablespoon

Gotta second the nut pods. I used to drink the flavored creamers and was one of the ones who swore it was something I couldn't give up. But now that I've been drinking this for a few months the old stuff seems way to sweet for me. And I'm saving over 100 calories minimum every morning.
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    I used to take my coffee 2 creams 2 sugar; then I switched to splenda to save cals; later I switched to milk to save cals too. Now if I have cream in my coffee my tongue feels nasty cause it's too thick. I also used to despise diet pop vs regular but again, same preference 180... you couldn't pay me to drink regular now. Maybe just try it for a while and you might find the same.
  • porcelanmermaid
    porcelanmermaid Posts: 60 Member
    I used to use a lot of coffee creamer. But in January I stopped 100%
    I switched to unsweetened almond/coconut milk or regular vitamin d milk with a sugar free syrup. Then I started brewing my coffee with different add ins in the grounds to flavor it enough that I no longer want creamer and prefer it black. Cinnamon, vanilla, orange peels, nutmeg, Ginger bread spice, peppermint extract, pumpkin spice, coconut etc.
  • rheddmobile
    rheddmobile Posts: 6,840 Member
    Almond milk, plus extracts for flavor. Depending on mood I use almond, hazelnut, vanilla, orange, rum, or peppermint extract.
  • Pastaprincess1978
    Pastaprincess1978 Posts: 371 Member
    I'm in China so not sure if you can get this where you are but I use Nestle Coffee Mate which comes in 10 ml single serves - 53kJ each according to the label