Long-time user, just found the forums

Options
Hi!

I have been using MFP off and on for years now and just now found the forums. Whoops!

Despite years of experience, my attempts at weight loss have been unsuccessful. I've been obese all of my life and am turning 25 this year, and I don't want to waste all of my 20's being uncomfortable and hiding away in my house.

I've been vegan for three years, though most of that time has been filled with tons of vegan junk food. Pringles and greasy Thai food are kinda my thing.

I love hiking, and I'm lucky enough to live somewhere with lots of amazing hikes. My goal is to start slow and pick one per week, in addition to cutting the junk. No special diet, apart from limiting my calories a bit and cutting out the junk. Hopefully I can get back on the right track and will be able to enjoy my late 20's a little more!

If anyone wants to share awesome hiking pics or discuss healthy vegan recipes, feel free to add me! If that's a thing... I still need to figure these forums out.

Replies

• chilgryl
    chilgryl Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey Genbiotic, It sounds like you have the right thought process. Today is day #1 for me. I have been gone for awhile. We have settled now, so time to try again. I like your way of thinking. It is one day at a time and adding new goals. You've accomplished alot and knowing you needed to make a change and putting in motion is huge! So keep it up. Your inspirational. :)
  • L1zardQueen
    L1zardQueen Posts: 8,754 Member
    Options
    Not vegan but I do appreciate your stance. I love hiking. Most of my vacations revolve around hiking destinations.

Welcome to the forums :)
  • Genbiotic
    Genbiotic Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you both for the kind words! Looking forward to getting to know the community and building a great support network.
  • RunShenRun
    RunShenRun Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    I've had an account for a while too, but never actually used it before or explored. Welcome!

I'm in my 20's too trying to get healthy again. Not a vegan, but I respect the decision!