2 Weeks of Low Carbs - PLEASE HELP

Options
All,

I'm doing low carb for the next 2 weeks to lose a few inches around my waist. I'm having the hardest time finding foods I can really eat to stay under 20 carbs/day. It was pretty easy the last 2 days, but I'm running out of options. What I already know...

- I can eat just about any type of meat (chicken, turkey, beef).
- I can't eat friuts because they're all high in carbs.
- I can eat most veggies, some are higher in carbs than others though.
- Water is my friend, even outside of the low carbs I'm doing now.

I need to know what else I can eat. I'm cooking more at home, but I need more of a variety to get by for the next 2 weeks. Any info would be helpful! I may not make it without some help! :explode:

Replies

• AlyAnt26
    AlyAnt26 Posts: 58
    Options
    cream cheese, nuts, and actually strawberries (in moderation) are all great snack items. Also, string cheese is a great snack too!
  • Qarol
    Qarol Posts: 6,171 Member
    Options
    I like those frozen, steamables veggies, like broccoli or cauliflower. Very convenient. Don't forget eggs. And try to keep your meats lean. Berries are relatively lower in carbs, so you could have a small serving of them a day.

Just be sure to read the nutrition labels for serving sizes. And if something says zero grams of carbs, it may not be entirely zero. They're allowed to post zero if it's less than one gram per serving. If you have 2-3 servings, it could add up.
  • Erin_26
    Erin_26 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Egg whites, fish ... You can have a moderate amount of fat-free/low-fat dairy, like ff/sf yogurt or ff cottage cheese. But don't go overboard as the natural sugars in dairy will bump your carb total up.
  • froggy15
    froggy15 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    I am interested in this topic as well. Will bump for later.
  • Leanne1795
    Leanne1795 Posts: 186
    Options
    Some lovely menus and recipes here. http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/
  • dosesr4winners20
    Options
    I <3 my eggs, cheese, Tofu, veggie burgers, bison meat, turkey, sugar free yogurts, berries, tomatoes, eggplants, nuts too!
  • aldale
    aldale Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I am doing the low carb thing too. I love sweets so I am eating sugar free jellp with cool whip for a snack. You can also eat a few blueberries. Also almond milk has fewer carbs. You can cook with almond meal instead of using breading or flour.
  • NWLARealtor57
    NWLARealtor57 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Ck out the Atkins website they have some really good ideas. I might have to get a jump start back on my weight loss and get back on Atkins for a month.Was on it for 2 yrs lost 25 lbs.
  • TNAJackson
    TNAJackson Posts: 686 Member
    Options
    Cheese is good. Salami with cream cheese is one of my favorites. Pickles, olives, lunch meats, spinach dip, chicken salad, celery with peanut butter, deviled eggs (or really any kind of egg is good), cottage cheese, nuts, sunflower seeds, trail mix, sugar free jello, pepperoni slices (microwave them for a few seconds and they are MUCH better), bean dip, fish, cheese stuffed mushrooms... :happy:
  • Zeromilediet
    Zeromilediet Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    Looking good. How about broths, like beef broth--good for you on their own or as base for veg soup (don't add noodles, rice etc.). Good beef broth recipe: http://undergroundwellness.com/how-to-make-beef-bone-broth/

Easy to keep carbs low if you don't eat grains, dairy and limit fruit to berries and the like.

Good luck!
  • NWLARealtor57
    NWLARealtor57 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Where did you find that Almond Meal at? Would love to get some too.
  • TNAJackson
    Options
    I am doing the low carb thing too. I love sweets so I am eating sugar free jellp with cool whip for a snack. You can also eat a few blueberries. Also almond milk has fewer carbs. You can cook with almond meal instead of using breading or flour.

Sugar free jello pudding with light whipped cream was my favorite evening snack when I was doing the low carb thing... think I may try it again. :happy:
  • TNAJackson
    Options

Saw it at Walmart once...
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Lunch for me today is tuna salad made with albacore tuna and regular mayo and eaten with celery sticks for scoops. 2 net carbs.

Some other options:
    Hard boiled eggs, or eggs made almost any way.
    Shrimp cocktail (I make my own cocktail sauce using low sugar ketchup)
    broiled tilapia or grilled in a foil packet with some spices and lemon/lime juice
    Romaine salad with grilled chicken, crumbled blue cheese, celery, cucumber, radishes and a low carb Italian-style dressing
    Turkey, cheese and romaine rolled in a low carb whole wheat tortilla with spicy brown mustard
    meatloaf (using a combination of finely crushed pork rinds, grated parmesan cheese and flax meal instead of bread crumbs)
    Flax meal muffins (one minute in the microwave, less than 3 net carbs)
  • Smj91899
    Options
    When I'm watching my carb intake a go to snack I keep on hand so I dont stray is Turkey Rolls. My favorites: I spread a wedge of light swiss laughing cow over a few slices of turkey and add some diced green onion and roll, or spread some cottage cheese over a few slices of turkey sprinkled with Mrs Dash and roll.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's carries it. I'm pretty sure I've seen it at the regular grocery store, too, which for me is Fry's.
  • lcarter25
    lcarter25 Posts: 286 Member
    Options
    bump
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I did Atkins ages ago, so I don't recall most of what I ate, but I remember my absolute favorite standby..a broccoli salad with mayo, bacon bits and sunflower seeds. Just delicious! And if you're not doing zero carbs, you can add some raisins.
  • Syreeta6
    Syreeta6 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I'm more interested in grab and go snacks (that do not need to be cooked). If anyone has any recommendations on that it would be great.