Weight loss Q about monthly period. (men enter at your own r

Options
Ok so i'll been doing really good with staying under my daily calorie intake and in the last two days i gained 2 pounds and feel kinda bloated. this is a week before i start my period and i was just wondering is there any connection between the weight gain and ms. monthly? I'm so frustrated that i gained two pounds especially because i just got down into a new decade and now i'm back up into my old decade!!!! errrr! any comments would help. Please and thank you! :)

Replies

• o0oBonnieo0o
    Options
    Yes, I have gained about 2 lbs this week from mine and I havent been eating much and still working out too!
  • rankailie
    rankailie Posts: 144
    Options
    Ok so i'll been doing really good with staying under my daily calorie intake and in the last two days i gained 2 pounds and feel kinda bloated. this is a week before i start my period and i was just wondering is there any connection between the weight gain and ms. monthly? I'm so frustrated that i gained two pounds especially because i just got down into a new decade and now i'm back up into my old decade!!!! errrr! any comments would help. Please and thank you! :)

Your period can cause bloating and water retention. So its likely the 2 lbs is merely water weigh. Keep an eye on your sodium intake and drink plenty of water.
  • chas6379
    chas6379 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Ialways gain 2-3 lb the week before. But I love the suprise when my monthly visitor leaves if I have continued to be diligent!!!!. I love seeing the scale move 3-4 lbs quickly after she leaves!!!!
  • azingale
    azingale Posts: 74
    Options
    It's totally normal. The PMS causes water retention and bloating even if you're not doing anything to cause it (like eating salt, etc., all of which of course taste so much better when you have PMS....) Just keep up your good work and after it's all over, the water retention will go away.
  • Britt2Fitjrny
    Britt2Fitjrny Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Awesome! That's what i was hoping to hear. :) Thank you very much. hopefully by continuing the good work and exercising i'll get that surprise of 3-4 pounds. Thanks for the input! I was starting to feel discouraged so your input means a lot to me. :)
  • claritaxoxo
    Options
    Also to consider is muscle gained??? I am seeing less inches but more weight. It can be discouraging but keep up the good job!
  • krysydawn
    krysydawn Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I know its possible. :( My last period, I gained 6lbs. It sucked. :(

Best of luck to you!
  • roxyjo1
    roxyjo1 Posts: 29
    Options
    so glad to see this post. I'm going throught this same thing right now. Hopefully I get a good number on the scale next week. I've been exercising every day & eating great & the scale has barely moved.
  • PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    It's totally normal. The PMS causes water retention and bloating even if you're not doing anything to cause it (like eating salt, etc., all of which of course taste so much better when you have PMS....) Just keep up your good work and after it's all over, the water retention will go away.

DITTO
  • megamoo04
    megamoo04 Posts: 269
    Options
    I was just about to cry, but i read this and was ok i am normal lol.....lets see how next week does for me :)
  • 1goodymom67
    Options
    Yup it is frustrating!! I have lingering effects for a week, then the spotting starts and then the retaining water. OH yeah!! NOT!! But once that stops I am good for maybe a week or two if I am lucky GRR! Completely understand. What do I do? Sweat more!!