Call for Twin Fitness Friends!

Options
"Twin" who have similar weight loss goals, and maybe similar paths to drop the weight in healthy ways. ***Loose description, we don't have to have the exact same circumstances.***

I am 35, 5'6, 187 lbs. This is my highest weight ever and I'm definitely NOT comfortable with it!!
I'd like to set mini goals along the way, but I ultimately want to lose 30-40 lbs.

I concentrate more on portion control and calorie counting rather than doing a total revamp of my diet. (I do love green smoothies, however.) :wink:
I have some knee injuries so my exercise is done with a exercise bike at home, hand weights, yoga and swimming and elliptical.

Let's link up if you'd like to motivate each other!

Replies

• thdehaan2508
    thdehaan2508 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi, My name is Tristan and I am looking for a buddy too as my goal is to lose weight, get fit and shape my body.
    I am going to be 50 this year and decided I want to be fit and healthy as it gets harder to start as you get older.
    I started off weighing 77kilos and in one month have lost almost 4kilos
    I go to the gym 4 times a week doing a mixture of exercises, from circuit training, weights, boxing and a few more.
    But I was wiser told it is the diet that is more important if I want to lose weight and for the first time ever I keep a food diary, hence I joined this app.
    If you would like to connect let me know, hope to hear from you
    Regards Tristan
  • melanieandjason
    melanieandjason Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm Melanie. 32, 5'5, 296 lbs. I am also currently working on portion control and calorie counting. I am not restricting any foods, but I am trying to limit sugar intake.

I have been doing 25-30 minutes of different Jillian Michael's DVDs. I did this 4x last week and am hoping to up that to 5x this week. I find that at this weight, it is very difficult to do some of the moves, just with all the extra fat hanging around. I do have to modify a lot of them. It's also pretty painful on my knees.

My first mini goal would be to lose 10% of my body weight. I started at 300 lbs, which was my eye opening moment. I decided that I couldn't continue to go down this path. I have gained over 70 lbs in the last 10 years. I have continued to make the excuse that I didn't have time to exercise, because I have two small children. But I am realizing, that I need to make time for myself so that I can be a better person in general (physically and mentally), and a better mom to them.
  • MommaG1217
    MommaG1217 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello! I'm 31, 5'4 and 175. My goals are to lose roughly 40-45lbs. Right now my mini goal is to lose 5 lbs by the end of the month, I did start this goal at the beginning of the month. I seem to have stalled out but am changing things up.
    My biggest struggle seems to be cutting out the "bad carbs" ie: white bread, white rice, sugars in food (this isn't as bad anymore though). Im trying to focus on eating as healthy and wholesome as possible withiut making my family go crazy.
    I'm a mom of 2 boys (7 & 5) and wife to a pretty awesome husband.
    I also am on Fitbit as well and try to hit my 10k steps a day and get in roughly 60 minutes of exercise/workouts most days.
    Feel free to add me! ☺