Remaining Calories

Options
Hi People!!

I always have calories left over to use but I never have much protein left what should I do .
Do I use the Calories and Ignore going over my protein?

How do you use up those extra remaining calories any ideas on what to eat I normally have about 150 or under left
Would like to know your thoughts

Replies

• LinzLZ
    LinzLZ Posts: 9
    Options
    I don't worry about being under my calorie goal that much as long as my energy level is okay and protein provides energy so I definately don't worry about going over my protein goal :) hope this helps....
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    The protein is just a guideline...I usually strive to go over protein =)
  • Ruchell
    Ruchell Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I don't ever worry about going over my protien, so I would use those extra cals for a healthy snack/dessert and then wouldn't stress if it bumps me over my protien. Thats usually about how much I have at the end of the day so if I'm feeling like a salty snack I'll have something like air-popped popcorn and a string cheese and if I'm feeling like something sweet it's usually a latte brewed in my kuerig with a 90 cal fiber one bar or a sugar-free pudding. I used to snack the whole night away while watching TV or whatnot, so I even look at those extra cals as 'saved' especially for my evening snack and then it helps me to not feel so deprived.
  • YoungGma29
    Options
    I don't worry about going under 150 or so. I figure that since some of the calories are my best guess - especially with exercise - then I could have underestimated by 150 or 200 calories. Now if I am under 500 calories or more then I worry. Yes, believe it or not, I have managed to do that a few times. Oh, and I NEVER worry if I am over on proteins.
  • charsauce
    Options
    The protein is just a guideline...I usually strive to go over protein =)

What she said! Try getting something low in calories, but higher up in protein! Jillian Micheals has whey protein! It's only 100 calories for a decently big scoop and loaded with protein. I mix it with light vanilla soy milk and it tastes delicious. Also, Luna bars! They are 80% organic, 170-190 calories and loaded with nutrients, vitamins, fiber and protein.
  • melissafaye23
    Options
    Ahh thanks for your help ladies.xx
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    protein is set fairly low on here, so dont worry about going over, especially if you work out a lot.