Fallen Off the Wagon & on a Plateau

Options
Hey there,

I have been at a Plateau for over 1 month now and ever since going on vacation I haven't been as strict as before
and I really need to get back on track. 1 of my biggest issues is Sodium and learning how to keep it low. I have been
back from vacation since July 18th and i really have got to get back on this. I only gained about 3-4 pounds if even that while on vacation so that was pretty good and I did alot of walking on vacation as well (Vegas Strip). I try to drink as much water as i can but I know its not nearly enough. I have also started walking/jogging outside C25K when it cools down and been trying this every other day. I heard that doing this typw of exercise will help me to lose my belly fat quicker.

Anyway, just wanted to get some new ideas or advise, My calories are currently set to 1550 and that is already with a deficit, I was thinking about lowering my calories to 1200-1300 to see if that wouldget things moving again? My Diary hasn't been kept up as good since I went on vacation but I am getting that back on track too and watching what I eat again. I just want to get the scale moving again.

Thanks

Replies

• ReginasHorror
    ReginasHorror Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    i would suggest trying to be more strict about your diary for about two weeks. If you are still stuck on your plateau at that point, then try lowering your calories too. Because any time you make a change to your routine, you will plateau. <3
  • lottabody1
    lottabody1 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    :heart: Don't be too hard on yourself, if we are all honest, we too have fallen off, but the key to sucess is to get back on! good luck, and hang in there
  • mrsthefifth
    Options
    I agree about being strict with your diary for a couple of weeks. If you do decide to lower your calories, I wouldn't be as drastic as you are talking about. Just lower them by say 50 calories.
    Ya know, one thing that has worked for me when I hit a plateau was to be strict with my diary and calories and then plan a day to go off the wagon. I am not talking about hitting the all you can eat buffet, but I stay really strict all week and then plan to "cheat" on Saturday and go over my calories by a couple hundred. Its a reward for being good and I think it kind of tricks your metabolism. Anyway it seemed to get me back on track.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    If you haven't been logging, then I'd agree just to start with that. If you weren't being careful before, you were probably going over your goal fairly often. Stick to your 1550 for a few weeks and see if that kick starts your loss again. If not, cutting calories for a short time may work.
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Ive been sticking with my diary and logging since being back from vacation but haven't made the right choces since coming back,
    i also have a hard time with my sodium levels which would probably help as well. Just haveing a tough time getting the scale moving again.
  • bmatlosz
    bmatlosz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    same here got down to 186 from 227 and got stuck there. goal is to be 175 and remain there. cal at 1450 and bike ride, swim, walk and light workout 5 - 3 times a week. no progress for a month now...frustrating......
  • Calif_Girl67
    Calif_Girl67 Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Yep I hear ya there, maybe i will drop my calories and see what happens